HD and HNIC

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I have been reading over in the DBSTALK forum that Direct now carries the HNIC HD feed from Canada.
My question if Direct can do this how come Dish can't do so also?

D* carries HNIC ?
It's got to be part of the Centre Ice package or on the NHL Network.
From what I can tell.

They are not gonna give us Channel 9 out of Canada where I use to watch and enjoy HNIC.
CBC was it ?

yeah Directv carries the "main" HNIC feed in HD on NHL CI....If there is more than one game (usually there is) the secondary ones only get HD from the opponent feed

D* carries HNIC ?
It's got to be part of the Centre Ice package or on the NHL Network.
From what I can tell.

They are not gonna give us Channel 9 out of Canada where I use to watch and enjoy HNIC.
CBC was it ?

Yes it is on CI, sorry I did not make that point clear, but my question stands why oh why does Dish NOT carry the HD feed since Direct does?
Does Dish get a different HD feed than Direct does?
After all Dish does have a LOT of HD feeds on CI just not any from Canada if you don't count the NHL Network.

Yes it is on CI, sorry I did not make that point clear, but my question stands why oh why does Dish NOT carry the HD feed since Direct does?
Does Dish get a different HD feed than Direct does?
After all Dish does have a LOT of HD feeds on CI just not any from Canada if you don't count the NHL Network.

Part of thier contract (they didn't want to pay for) I would guess ....

Part of thier contract (they didn't want to pay for) I would guess ....

I would think that Dish pays the same as Direct for CI. So I STILL don't understand.
This in NOT enough to make me switch over to Direct but it does NOT make any seance.

I would think that Dish pays the same as Direct for CI. So I STILL don't understand.
This in NOT enough to make me switch over to Direct but it does NOT make any seance.

I don't know if both Sat companies are charged the same for services or not.

Why was it that for years DISH didn't have the MLB EI package ?

I don't know if both Sat companies are charged the same for services or not.

Why was it that for years DISH didn't have the MLB EI package ?

I remember that whole MLB EI thing because I had Charter Cable then & DIRECTV tried to sign an exclusive contract where they'd be the only ones to carry EI. Dish lost out then,On demand made it possible for the cable companies to get EI also in the new contract,but Charter screwed it up locally,where we not only lost MLB EI,but also NHL CI,which had nothing whatsoever to do with the EI negotiations. It wasn't until 2 years later we got both back. Our market was the red headed bastard step children of Charter(we were the last to get anything).

Dish mainly just uses the RSN HD feed that they already have available to them. Thats why you dont see any MSG HD feeds (and very few SD feeds unless its the only option)

Yeah, all NHL Center Ice coverage is not alike. As far as I know Dish still does not carry MSG HD, which means four teams (Rangers, Devils, Sabres, Circus People) do not have their feed in HD.

In Demand (the cable version) is at the limit of whatever amount of HD each cable system's bandwith can handle, and DirecTV just started showing the full HD version on Center Ice this season.

DirecTV picks up the feed from a station on Prince Edward Island. The local commercials can be pretty interesting.

Sandra

Yeah, all NHL Center Ice coverage is not alike. As far as I know Dish still does not carry MSG HD, which means four teams (Rangers, Devils, Sabres, Circus People) do not have their feed in HD.

In Demand (the cable version) is at the limit of whatever amount of HD each cable system's bandwith can handle, and DirecTV just started showing the full HD version on Center Ice this season.

DirecTV picks up the feed from a station on Prince Edward Island. The local commercials can be pretty interesting.

Sandra

I really like the Vigra commercials they have these ladies singing "Good morning good morning" and dancing around there are NO warnings about the side affects and you don't know what they are trying to sell until the last when they just display the Vigra sign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)