HD and non-DirecTV Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MattGrommes

Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Hi, I have a newbie question. I've pretty much decided to go with Directv but I have a question about using it with my current setup. I've got an older regular Tivo and an HD TV already, will I be able to connect both with the Directv HD box (I gather the Huges box is better)? I know I can't record HD on the Tivo but the way I have it setup now on my HD comcast cable box, I plug the Svideo into the Tivo and the DVI into my TV and switch between the 2 using the TV's video menu. Can I do the same with the Hughes HD box? Will I be able to send different signals to the Tivo and the DVI connection, making it possible to watch one show on the Tivo and record a different one?

Thanks in advance.

MattGrommes said:
Hi, I have a newbie question. I've pretty much decided to go with Directv but I have a question about using it with my current setup. I've got an older regular Tivo and an HD TV already, will I be able to connect both with the Directv HD box (I gather the Huges box is better)? I know I can't record HD on the Tivo but the way I have it setup now on my HD comcast cable box, I plug the Svideo into the Tivo and the DVI into my TV and switch between the 2 using the TV's video menu. Can I do the same with the Hughes HD box? Will I be able to send different signals to the Tivo and the DVI connection, making it possible to watch one show on the Tivo and record a different one?

Thanks in advance.
yes you can

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)