HD Audio Drop Out New Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icelite

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I had my equipment installed on March 21, 2008. I have both the H21-100 and the HR21-100, new with the bbc's and the slimline 5 lnb dish.

I have just recently noticed when watching HD programming I am experiencing some audio drop outs. I was watch StarzHD and during the movie there were audio glitches (drop outs- loss of audio or distortion) about every 3-5 minutes. The picture did not experience any pixelation or loss.

I initially thought it might be one of the receivers so after experiencing the audio drop outs, I ran downstairs to my home theater and put on the same program and it also occurred.

Is this something I need to have fixed? Maybe my signals are too low.

I checked my HR21-100 and here is a sample of my signals:

101 - range 88-97 low/high
110- range 83-86 low/high
119- range 82-92 low/high
99(s)- range 42-49
103(s)- was taking too long to find signal numbers
103(c)- range 77-85 low/high values

Should I have someone come out again to see if they can get the signals higher? It hasn't even been a month yet. I also signed up for the 5.99 protection plan during the install (thought this might be good to have for a few months at least to ensure everything works perfectly)

Any assistance or advice would be highly appreciated. It would be nice to watch HD without so much audio dropouts...the picture is great and seems to not be affected when the audio incurs dropouts every 3-5 mins.

I think others with an HR21-100 have had audio problems apparently caused by a recent change in the system software. So if you just wait, it may get fixed. You could try pausing a few seconds, so you're playing out of the buffer.

Yeah, the issue you describe sounds like it could worked around by playing from the buffer instead of live.

We really need to get a dedicated forum like

> The DIRECTV Forum > Audio Dropouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)