HD Audio problem on CBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

devans175

Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Perry Hall, MD
Has anyone experience any audio problems on the CBS HD Broadcast. I keep getting what I would describe as an "electronic Hickup" or "Skip" on CBS. Sometimes it's so bad I can't even watch the channel. Durring the Grammies, it got real bad and I called DirecTV. They had me flip flop my coax cables and reset my HR-20. The really bad symptoms went away, but I think the problem was masked more than it was fixed. I still get the minor audio hickups. My transponders signal strength on 101 is 94+ across the board. I'm on the east coast ... for what it's worth. The reason I'm asking is so that I can determine if there's a problem with my equipment or if it's just the network.

Last edited:
I have this same problem on Dish. I am watching NCAA hoops in HD...every few minutes the audio just cuts out for a few second..then comes back.

I have two systems...and it does it on both...My bet is it's CBS...I know if does in during NFL games too.

I've seen the same thing on Dish. The audio will just stop for a second or two every few minutes..then start up again.

Maybe its the 5/7 second audio "censor" delay designed to catch inappropriate language that tends to get uttered during live events.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)