HD & BR get shafted at new Blockbuster site!

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Looks like Blockbuster has significantly cut back on both HD-DVD and BR movies with their online service.

With the old website, there were 129 HD-DVDs and maybe 83 BR discs. Now, there are only 56 BR and 80 HD-DVD!

Heck, I have movies in my queue that aren't even listed on their website! (Like MI3 and Slither HD-DVDs).

-John

Blockbuster HDDVD new web site

Just a theory but I believe the HDDVD section is only showing the movies that are already out and available to rent. Coming soon movies like MI3 will be available and added once they are released. If you search MI3 the BR an HDDVD copies are shown under the tab all editions. The HDDVD section did not have any coming soon tabs by any of the movies just the ADD tab.

That’s my theory.

I did notice the HDDVD for MI3 shows that there are 2 disks and it does not describe what is on which disk or why.

Wade

:eureka :eureka

Last edited:
Out of Sight has been released and is not listed.

I have Dirty Dozen HD in my queue, and it's not even on the new website!!! I can't rate it, and I can't click on the title either.

I think their new website is already a bit out of date!

-John

Last edited:
Netflix

I just signed up with Netflix last week and have been totally happy with the service so far. If you live in a location not in BFE, then your movies get to you in a day once they send them out. Also, the HD-DVD movies even if they are not out yet will still show up with the release date on them and you can put them in the queue. Blockbuster needs to get on the ball if they want to hang with the big boys online. Blockbuster's website has always been crap when it comes to looking for titles that are not out and sometimes titles that are already out. Go with Netflix.

The thing I like about Netflix the most, is that I often get new disks on their street day. Just got V for Vendetta and Mission Impossible III. :up
Will watch them right now!

The thing I like about Netflix the most, is that I often get new disks on their street day. Just got V for Vendetta and Mission Impossible III. :up
Will watch them right now!

I have MI3 (HDDVD) in my queue at Netflix and it says very long wait. I'll take it as a positive that they underestimated demand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts