HD Channel Re-mapping

EricBskiVT

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
A few months ago I saw a post that explained how to turn off automatic re-mapping of SD channels to their HD counterpart. I didn't care for the feature and turned it off so if I wanted an HD channel I had to select it. Turns out my wife never noticed and has been recording SD channels instead of the HD channels. I can't find how to turn that feature back on. Example: Before when we selected 144 for ESPN2, it would go to 9425 so we always got the HD channel if it existed. Now we have to select 9425 to get the HD channel.
Can someone tell me how to turn that feature back on?
Thanks

I believe what you want can be achieved by going to the Setup, then System Setup (6) and Local Channels (9). Now choose "Chan Display" and select "HD Priority" and "Enable" for DishHD Channels. Select Done (and your new preferences are saved).

Cheers,

I got it!
If you go into Menu, System Setup (6), and Local Channels (9) there is a "Chan Display" option in the middle column.

Under "Channel Display Preferences" there are now two columns, an option for Local Sat Channels and an option to Enable or Disable DishHD channels.

-Enable allows for DishHD channels to appear next to the standard-definition channel as well as in the four-digit range.
-Disable turns off only those DishHD channels that appear next to their standard-definition counterpart in the guide.

Thanks to Jefferson65 and Necochino for this information.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)