HD channel sound?

kcromeis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2005
im still using the 942 receiver..so my package of TNT, HDNET, HDHBO, DISC, etc and with a silver sensor hooked up for my HD locals...the sound over the past week has become dull and less loud than the regular channels. anyone else having sound issues or know what could be goin on?

thanks,

Kevin

I have had the same thing. The HD channels are much quieter compared to the SD channels. I have always seen a difference though.

Last edited:
Ultra5240 said:
I have had the same thing. The HD channels are much quiter compared to the SD channels. I have always seen a difference though.
just started with me recently...they used to be louder

Yeah, this started as a result of the latest 942 software download. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. There has always been a difference in the volume level of DD and regular channels but it has become much more of a difference with this download.

lakebum431 said:
Yeah, this started as a result of the latest 942 software download. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. There has always been a difference in the volume level of DD and regular channels but it has become much more of a difference with this download.

well that sucks.....cus its VERY noticeable now.

Yeah, it really is. I am very pleased with the new features on the upgrade, but this is a problem for sure. Let's hope it is fixed soon!

Last edited:
The update fix is probably correct and you just got to adjust to something which was incorrect. They fixed dd to be more compaitible with the 811s a long time ago and this was the result. DD is supossed to be much quiter than SD channels because DD is more dynamic and quiter by default

Hmm, interesting point. I agree with your assessment, but it is a very very big difference now and it makes it a big pain in the butt to switch between channels that have DD and those that don't.

I have the same going on. Used to be the volume was perfect at level 25 or 26. Now its up in the high 30's-low 40's on some HD channels and even that still isnt very loud.

I can handle the audio change, but how do you make all the hd shows very sharp like they can be. HD net has the best overall video in my view.
It seems to vary from show to show as to how sharp the pq can be. Some super and some look like sd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts