HD Channels and Survey

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SonicGT

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Have they announced any tentative date on when more Channels are coming? I got an email survey from them asking me to check my receiver and verify if I had the B-Band convertors hooked up, so I assume they are getting ready some time soon.

Mid-September was the last official word. As for the exact date and channels on which days, not yet.

Do we know (presume to know) that they will literally be flipping the switch on 30-50 channels on September 15th? Or would they try and stagger the rollout, JIC? I would imagine that there would be a national software release a day or two in advance to make sure everyone is on the same page and that the channels will be properly marked. But I am just wondering how they will present them...might be sensory overload to light them all up at once!! :eek: :D

There is a financial call in 2 weeks. I'd expect a lot of details at that call, assuming an investor asks the right questions.

Do we know (presume to know) that they will literally be flipping the switch on 30-50 channels on September 15th? Or would they try and stagger the rollout, JIC? I would imagine that there would be a national software release a day or two in advance to make sure everyone is on the same page and that the channels will be properly marked. But I am just wondering how they will present them...might be sensory overload to light them all up at once!! :eek: :D

I'm gonna say , they are going to stagger the roll out, so NO don't expect to wake up on the 16th of Sept. and see 30-50 more HD channels, maybe a few, but it would not suprise me to see a few on before that date either.

Jimbo

Its gonna be staggered because of the source channels when they are broadcasting live as well as the "creative accounting" that Directv is using to define 100 channels by end of year. That number includes RSN's and Sunday Ticket so we may see a good chunk on or around the 15th. I would be happy with 20-30 true national CONUS channels around that time.

Is there a list somewhere of the announced HD channel additions, so we know what "could" be coming in September(I'll assume not all that are announced will show in September).

Not yet. Everyone hang tight. We know generally what is coming but NO list yet of exactly what and when. Our insiders are trying but Directv is tight lipped about this until D10 is in its correct position.

Just got a message on my HR20 telling me about the convertors as well, so looks like they are pushing hard to make sure people are ready :)

I'm guessing that they may do like they do for locals and have the same channel number, at least for the duplicate HD/SD channles. If its a brand new channel who knows where it will go in the lineup??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)