HD Channels are Launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OzMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 6, 2007
I just went to D*.com and added Starz to my programming! This is very very very nice! My HR-20 is going to have to get an eSATA HD soon!

OzMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 6, 2007
Today and on forward is why satelliteguys.us becomes so much more important in my life. Unfortunately, D* doesn't do a very good job communicating with its customers.

It will be in this forum that we find out all the onezie and twozie channel launches all the way to the end of the year.

I'm very happy to be here. I'm very happy so many insiders share so much in here.

Thank you, Scott!

HDFREAK29

Sep 8, 2007
The Good Thig about it i am a painting contractor and its raining out. So i get to stay Home I Love this.

devonthedude

Sep 26, 2007
Sorry, I'm drooling over the new :D channels here on the west coast at 3:30 in the morning. Finally they launched!!!!!! :D:D:D

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Congrats, guys! As a Dish subscriber, this is excellent news for us! With Directv having added channels that we don't have, Dish will be forced to try and keep pace, so we all win. Great news for all us HD junkies!!

mdicki01

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 10, 2007
Oklahoma City
All I have to say is wow! They look fantastic! They are coming in at full resolution the way HD should be.

I was at my buddy's house last week and watched his E* HD channels. I was not impressed with the PQ. I wonder what E* subs will be saying now!

Also a few on their board were boasting that channels like CNN were not in HD yet. Wrong. It is some of the most beautiful 16X9 HD I have ever seen!

I know these channels look really great CNN looks fantastic and I dont watch CNN wow!!!

devonthedude

Sep 26, 2007
D-Tv's website was updated to that pic from previous posts indicating 21 new hd channels are up. It shows CBS, ABC HD which were already in HD, is it mp-4 now? or is it available only in certain regions still. (I get the ch 87 version of ABC HD national feed). I'm on my cpu so I'm not really checking my tv.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just like opening packages on christmas morning. little disappointed food network hd doesn't pop-up until october. bring on the rsn's too!

johnv1970

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 16, 2004
seems like they added a new xm channel 807 looks like the oprah channel wonder if it's coming from d10 :eek:

pduncan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2006
Resolution

I know someone said the HD was coming in at full res, but has anyone acutally confirmed that??

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Raise your favorite beverage in the air!...A toast to DTV!!!...Let this sink in and then off to October for Part II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)