This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HD channels coming soon?

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Is their a rumored list of new channels here anywhere?

Thanks

From the stickey about the retailer chat:

I'm new to all of this techie talk but what exactly do they do in the "testing stage" and if their testing why wouldn't we see this channel?

Also, from another spot on these forums (but without creating a new thread) what's UPLINKED?

Thank you,
STUPID

N/A

It's marked only for those that are allowed to receive the test signals. It's not for the general customer.

Well if you want any of the new channels, I guess thats what you have to do. I have Turbo and when channels were added the last time we(Turbo) didn't get any of them. Watched what everyone watched so far this weekend, so far 90% has been OTA, wife watched part of "Idiots Gold" yesterday afternoon, last night after Wheel and Jeoprday it was Transformers(new one what ever it's called)and Star Trek on Vudu, with the games today, I am sure it will be OTA. Paying over 130.00 p/m now and when the new channels do come out Turbo won't get those either, Got love paying over 1700.00 to get screwed

I will be a dish customer 4 as long as I can keep DishHD Absolute

Absolutely! Me too! Though... when I move to a new house later this year I'd be very tempted to get a 922 and whatever sling devices allow me to send HD programming to other locations in the house. If that means I have to switch to a different package I may be tempted.

CDH.

Yeah he must be kidding. Why would anyone give up paying only $39 bucks a month for a few more channels?

I will be a dish customer 4 as long as I can keep DishHD Absolute

It's actually only $29.99 a month. Unless your including locals and tax maybe?
But, who knows maybe Charlie will throw us a channel or 2 and pi$$ everyone else off. :