HD channels in RED not available?

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I noticed today on my Program Guide that there are HD Channels listed in RED (ch's 5200-5354) which are unavailable to me. I do have those channels already in HD, but these have different programming. What is this? Sorry if I am being confusing!!!

My guess is this is the "HD Essentials" package; but its annoying that the HD-only fav list is bloated by that addition. The NHL and NBA placeholders are bad enough.

Just noticed them myself when searching for Lawrence of Arabia to record...

Must have to do with the new HD tiered packages???

Hmmm... lets double broadcast numerous HD channels but not add any new ones...

WTF?

A.

Just noticed them myself when searching for Lawrence of Arabia to record...

Must have to do with the new HD tiered packages???

Hmmm... lets double broadcast numerous HD channels but not add any new ones...

WTF?

A.

They are not double-broadcasting, just mapping the same channels to two different ranges. Why? Only Dish knows...

I am still confused. If I have had all the channels (AMERICA 250 AND ALL HD) for the past year and now they upgraded some packages, I should still get this considering I have all the channels; shouldn't I?

I haven't checked the list, but it struck me as that was the HD-essentials, $10 list; and for some programming reason, they mapped them in the 5000s for customers just receiving the $10 package.

I am sure there is some reason to the madness.

I just found out online that those are MPEG-4 Channels; if that is correct and the 622 is MPEG-4, wouldn't they be available?

Hey tsduke, it does matters for two reasons: 1. it is annoying that the programming is different and 2. if they are mpeg-4, I should be able to watch them

This is discussed in the uplink discussion they are flagged as vip only the dupes of the original hd pack are still mpeg 2 just flagged so only vip receivers can see them.

HD Favorites List

Make your own HD favorites list. That's what I did. I include the HD channels I want and leave out all the others. It makes a nice concise list that is easy to manage.

Larry
SF

Make your own HD favorites list. That's what I did. I include the HD channels I want and leave out all the others. It makes a nice concise list that is easy to manage.

Larry
SF

:up I agree!!
but I wonder why the hide feature doesnt work.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)