HD Channels in Sept.

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
"and History HD, which will debut on Sept. 1. With these additions – plus more planned for mid-September" What are the most likely channels to be launched by E* in September? When will E* most likely announce them?

I think we'll probably see the Turner HD stations coming out

TBS-HD
CNN-HD
Cartoon Network-HD

hopefully MOJO and like 10 HD channels for NHL Center Ice!!!!!!!!!!

MOJO would be an interesting addition. considering it is owned by iNDEMAND, most of the cable company's PPV, VOD, etc company and hotel systems too. but i wouldnt rule it out completely. personally with it being one of the 6 HD channels our cable provides its worth a look every once in a while but i liked the iNHD 1 & 2 format much more. More baseball and more sports plus better variety overall. PBS-HD is probably the second favorite channel in this household now because of the stunning picture and great on-location photography. ESPNHD has been a real treat. and our cable, Northland Cable, is supposed to be adding about 12 HD networks soon. It was Sept. 1 but got pushed back because of technical issues apparently.

NOW
CBS
PBS
DiscHDT
MOJO
ESPN
NFL

Sept. Additions
"FOX
HITS HD
?
DTV7(ABC)
NatGeo HD
Food HD
HGTV HD
HD NetMovies
Universal HD
ESPN2 HD
TNT HD
Golf HD"

I cant wait to finally get my money's worth on this HD stuff. Lookin promising. Now if NBC would get their act together and get a digital signal off the ground for football season :rolleyes:..........

Since this is the Dish Network HD forum, how about we talk about New additions to E* in Sept. instead of Northland Cable???

I was wondering what ever happened to InHD 1-2...a while back we were talking about those channels, or did they fall off the E* radar?

Dish added Comcast Sportsnet Chicago; now please add the other CSNs, CSN Mid-Atlantic, CSN Philadelphia,...

Dish added Comcast Sportsnet Chicago; now please add the other CSNs, CSN Mid-Atlantic, CSN Philadelphia,...

CSN Philly on Dish - that will be a cold day in hell, I don't think we will EVER see that, Comcrap has such a stragle hold on local sports.

I can only watch the Phil's when they are on 17 or the rare times they are on ESPN. Lucky for me the Flyers and Sixers aren't worth watching at all. :rolleyes:

RSNs in HD are a separate issue (they even have their own thread) and are not really what the original poster was referring to.

IMHO, the actual answer to the question is "the same HD channels that D* adds in September" - since that is the purpose of E* adding HD channels in September.

RSNs in HD are a separate issue (they even have their own thread) and are not really what the original poster was referring to.

IMHO, the actual answer to the question is "the same HD channels that D* adds in September" - since that is the purpose of E* adding HD channels in September.

Does anyone know for sure what D* is adding in Sept? I tried to read the D* HD thread for Sept but they even don't seem to know what is coming for sure.

I think D* customers are playing this same guessing game. I agree that the additions will be very similar between D* and E*. Does D* have any contractual exclusives that anyone is aware of?

Now I'll get to watch the new episodes of Ice Road Truckers in HD... Wonder if it was filmed in HD.

I remember when the commercials started up and they made a point to say that yes, indeed they are using HD cameras to film Ice Road Truckers.:)

I think D* customers are playing this same guessing game. I agree that the additions will be very similar between D* and E*.
The reason we still don't know is D* is trying to figure out how many channels with one hour of true HD programming per day, people will tolerate.
In order to make their commercials not seem like lies, they must be throwing money at various channels so that those channels can hire people to work two shifts a day and weekends, in order to get that one hour per day ready in time for September.
For example, The Weather Channel HD says that they will launch with two HD programs total. Ooh ! (In fact, that might not even be one hour per day.)
Face it - other than sports and prime-time, there won't be much more HD programming until about a year from now (fall 2008).
But there will be lots of channels with "HD" in their names !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)