HD Channels in Sept.

You can pretty much count on TBS HD----It's like the NFL HD for Dish. Dish has no NFL package and no MLB package. TBS HD is home to some of the playoffs for baseball this year and in the future. It only makes sense for them to add it!

Face it - other than sports and prime-time, there won't be much more HD programming until about a year from now (fall 2008).
But there will be lots of channels with "HD" in their names !

There's one point that I rarely hear anyone mention. The SD programming on an HD channel looks way better than the compressed image on the regular channel. I personally much prefer watching the HD channel even if the program is in SD. Don't get me wrong, I want as much HD as possible but there is a definite benefit to watching the other programs with less compression.

You can pretty much count on TBS HD----It's like the NFL HD for Dish. Dish has no NFL package and no MLB package. TBS HD is home to some of the playoffs for baseball this year and in the future. It only makes sense for them to add it!

TBS-HD is 3/08

Heard talk of the MLB playoffs being SD upconvert :eek:

Heard from someone near MLB that ALL playoff games will be available in HD. He thought that TBS HD would be available about Sept 15. And even if that is NOT the case, he would expect the games to be on TNT HD instead, even though they are on TBS SD.

Heard from someone near MLB that ALL playoff games will be available in HD. He thought that TBS HD would be available about Sept 15. And even if that is NOT the case, he would expect the games to be on TNT HD instead, even though they are on TBS SD.

Hey Squirrel,

Heard anything lately about BTN on Dish?:eek:

There's one point that I rarely hear anyone mention. The SD programming on an HD channel looks way better than the compressed image on the regular channel. I personally much prefer watching the HD channel even if the program is in SD. Don't get me wrong, I want as much HD as possible but there is a definite benefit to watching the other programs with less compression.

I second that. I wish all SD channels would look like that.:)

That would make sense. Even though we all fully expect D* and E* to be able to add TBS-HD to their line ups in short order (hey we are in a period of rapid expansion of HD lineups) the same can not be said for millions of cable tv customers.

Coming in September:

A&E
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Chiller
CineMax East
CineMax West
CNN
Discovery Channel (simulcast)
Food Network
HBO West
HGTV
History Channel
MHD (MTV)
NFL Network (Full-Time)
Science Channel
Showtime West
Starz! East
Starz! West
Starz! Edge
Starz! Comedy
Starz! Kids & Family
The Movie Channel
The National Geographic Channel
TBS
TLC
Versus/Golf

October 1st

The Weather Channel

November:

RFD TV

Fall 2007:

Bravo
Cartoon
CNBC
FX
HBO2 East
HBO2 West
HBO Family East
HBO Family West
HBO Latino East
HBO Signature East
MoreMax East
Sci-Fi
Sleuth
Speed
USA

21 Regional Sports Networks:

Blackout Rules still apply!

Altitude
Comcast SportsNet Chicago
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
FSN Arizona
FSN Bay Area
FSN Detroit
FSN Florida
FSN New England
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Prime Ticket
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
FSN Southwest
FSN West
New England Sports Network
SportsNet New York
SportsSouth
Sun Sports
YES

December 2007:

The Tennis Channel

Spring 2008

Disney Channel
Toon Disney
ABC Family
ESPN News
Hallmark Channel
MGM

Coming in September:

A&E
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Chiller
CineMax East
CineMax West
CNN
Discovery Channel (simulcast)
Food Network
HBO West
HGTV
History Channel
MHD (MTV)
NFL Network (Full-Time)
Science Channel
Showtime West
Starz! East
Starz! West
Starz! Edge
Starz! Comedy
Starz! Kids & Family
The Movie Channel
The National Geographic Channel
TBS
TLC
Versus/Golf

October 1st

The Weather Channel

November:

RFD TV

Fall 2007:

Bravo
Cartoon
CNBC
FX
HBO2 East
HBO2 West
HBO Family East
HBO Family West
HBO Latino East
HBO Signature East
MoreMax East
Sci-Fi
Sleuth
Speed
USA

21 Regional Sports Networks:

Blackout Rules still apply!

Altitude
Comcast SportsNet Chicago
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic
FSN Arizona
FSN Bay Area
FSN Detroit
FSN Florida
FSN New England
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Prime Ticket
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
FSN Southwest
FSN West
New England Sports Network
SportsNet New York
SportsSouth
Sun Sports
YES

December 2007:

The Tennis Channel

Spring 2008

Disney Channel
Toon Disney
ABC Family
ESPN News
Hallmark Channel
MGM

Isn't this list for Directv?

If that list is accurate, then in September, E* will add CNN-HD and TBS-HD.

They already have all the other channels, except Chiller (which is unlikely because it just duplicates Voom channels) and various Starz channels. I don't think that E* would add multiple Starz-HD before HBO and Showtime - but I could be wrong, in which case they will also add those Starz-HD channels in September.

Gosh! how good HDTV has become. I remember when I got my HDTV (no HDMI input). PBS was the only HD available and it was a loop. How quickly we forget. 31 HD channel is great and more to come. Any more old timers out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts