HD Channels losing signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zakdj

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Well today is the day for weird DTV things to happen, I went to service a system with 16 receivers H21's a slimline 5 and a Zinwell WB616. Once in a while one receiver will lose the HD signals on all of the hd channels, If you tune to a SD channel and then back to a HD channel the problem clears up. Everything OK. after a few hours another receiver will experience the same symptoms. The system will work for hours flawlessly and then just one receiver, It doesn't matter which one, just one at random, will lose the HD channels signal and the other 15 are fine.

I've checked and replaced numerous F connectors from LNB to switch and some on the receivers and even replaced a few B Band Converters. I'm suspecting it is either a WB616 or an LNB but hoping someone has experienced this before and can lead me in the right direction.

Zak

Well today is the day for weird DTV things to happen, I went to service a system with 16 receivers H21's a slimline 5 and a Zinwell WB616. Once in a while one receiver will lose the HD signals on all of the hd channels, If you tune to a SD channel and then back to a HD channel the problem clears up. Everything OK. after a few hours another receiver will experience the same symptoms. The system will work for hours flawlessly and then just one receiver, It doesn't matter which one, just one at random, will lose the HD channels signal and the other 15 are fine.

I've checked and replaced numerous F connectors from LNB to switch and some on the receivers and even replaced a few B Band Converters. I'm suspecting it is either a WB616 or an LNB but hoping someone has experienced this before and can lead me in the right direction.

Zak

In would have suspected the LNB or WB616 originally, seeing it's happening on different recvrs, changing the connectors is helpful, but not likely the problem, or it would not be happening on the various recvrs, it would be on a particular one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)