I got some new channels....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I called directv and got some new channels added like Starz & Showtime, I've got my favorite list set up to "channels I get" however those channels dont show up and I Have to change to each one individually to view them, Ive already restarted my receiver but to no evail. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I don't think the channels I get option has ever worked correctly. It's apparently not a high priority for Directv.

I just did the same thing with HBO/Cinemax and had the same problem.. It takes several hours for the guide to fully update after you add packages, so if you try again tomorrow it should work for you.

IF that doesn't work, go thru and make a Custon channel guide.

Sounds like alot of work...

Even though you got it working, you still want to go through and delete all the channels that are just clutter. Like the shopping/infomercial channels, the placeholder channels for sports packages you don't get, music channels you don't like, etc. Makes browsing the guide much faster.

Even though you got it working, you still want to go through and delete all the channels that are just clutter. Like the shopping/infomercial channels, the placeholder channels for sports packages you don't get, music channels you don't like, etc. Makes browsing the guide much faster.

It would be nice if the "channels I get" list only shows channels I get!

I created a custom list, but it's a bit of a pain with 3 receivers in the house to have to update that regularly. But it beats paging though hundreds of sports and PPV channels, and repeated informercial channels.

kovach said:
It would be nice if the "channels I get" list only shows channels I get!

I created a custom list, but it's a bit of a pain with 3 receivers in the house to have to update that regularly. But it beats paging though hundreds of sports and PPV channels, and repeated informercial channels.

Creating a CUSTOM list was mentioned earlier ... as was the fact that the CHANNELS I get doesn't work often.

How often do you need to UPDATE ?
I have set mine up and it pretty much stays the same till I retire the box.
When new stuff comes in, its easy enough to edit from there.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

The only time I change my favorites is if I add programming (hardly) or when we get those freeviews like the Tennis stuff and when the out of market packages have a freeview

The only time I change my favorites is if I add programming (hardly) or when we get those freeviews like the Tennis stuff and when the out of market packages have a freeview

This is one of the things i still miss from Tivo... You could modify the 'channels you receive list' to remove the filler and junk--and those channels, along with the channels you do not subscribe to, would not show up at all, even in search results. Seems like such an easy addition, but D* has never bothered to implement it.

--Nat

This is one of the things i still miss from Tivo... You could modify the 'channels you receive list' to remove the filler and junk--and those channels, along with the channels you do not subscribe to, would not show up at all, even in search results. Seems like such an easy addition, but D* has never bothered to implement it.

--Nat

Yes they did. On the Custom lists menu, there is a button called "Add Channels I Get". Then you can delete what you don't want. Deleted channels do not show up in searches.

I don't know what issues you guys are having with Channels I Get, but using it on a custom list and then paring back the infomercial/junk/unused sports channels has never given me any problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)