HD Channels OTA in Aurora, CO????

wlm29

Original poster
May 2, 2005
Aurora, CO
Hey, first time poster, and just registered, but I've been reading the posts and threads for a good 4 months now (still a newbie!!) Okay, I've got what I think is everything I need to get my HD expierence set up at home. I ordered the Directv HD receiver, have an HD ready TV, and just got my Silver Sensor today! I checked out antennaweb and I'm apparently about 25 miles from the nearest towers for HD signals, KWGN chan 2.1, KTVD chan. 19, KPXC chan 43, KCEC chan. 51.1, KDVR chan. 31.1, KDEN chan. 29.1. All of these are in the yellow for a small multidirectional antenna. The rest are various colors. Doesn't look like I can get ABC, CBS or NBC in HD yet. At any rate, I just have two questions I'm hoping someone wouldn't mind helping me with: I live in a 3 story townhouse, TV's on the second level, should I place my antenna in the attic?? If I don't get a very good signal, should I get a second silver sensor??
Second question being is there anyone in the Aurora, CO area (80013 or closer by) that's getting HD channels OTA? What channels?? Thanks in advance, and for having one seriously awesome site!! :)

Of the channels you listed, you will likely only see 2.1 and 31.1, maybe 29.1. Channel 19 isn't broadcasting yet, could be years before they do.

Usually, the higher the antenna, the better. If your Silver Sensor isn't amplified, I'd add a pre-amp before I messed around with twin SSs.

With luck you should be able to pick up 6.1 (KRMA), 9.1, 9.2 (KUSA), and 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 (KBDI). Maybe even 4.1 (KCNC). You won't see 7.1 (KMGH).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)