Hd Channels That We Want Now!

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
I would love the Weather Channel. I love the maps and graphics when HDNEWS does their weather. The Travel Channel would be awesome. SCIFI obviously. These channels are the reason HD was invented - awesome graphics, images and beauty. What the HECK is the holdup Charlie? Is it worth all the defections to MALONE?:hungry:

Last edited:
ESPNews launched this morning. E* Doesn't have it. D* does. This is getting frustrating. :mad:
Actually, D* has a preview on ESPN, but the actual channel is supposed to go live on D* Wed. I would assume that E* has the same preview?

I didn't see any preview on E* if it's there what channel?
I dont know, It is on the ESPN HD on Directv, I didnt know if that was a D* exclusive. D* may have had permission to change the programming and E* didnt?

Edit: I checked m E* system (which is SD only) and it is showing ESPN News too. So you should have it on ESPN on your E* system too.

ya, I had my box set to espnHD leftover from last night. turned it on this morning and saw the different graphics and espn news hd logo, "HOLY SH*T, WE GOT A NEW CHANNEL," came out of my mouth... then I realized it was just a preview on espn hd :mad:

Oh Dish.... new HD... another post hoping against hope for new HD nationals on Dish. I have saved a few hundred dollars now since dropping Dish and they have yet to add any new HD.

There is an old saying, "You can wish in one hand and sh*t in the other," and I would say that is certainly what you Dish lovers are doing at this point. Aren't you sick of waiting? We all have our breaking point. Personally, I didn't subscribe to Dish for that long, but I can understand how you develop a loving relationship with a provider after a decade of subscribing. I wouldn't want to give up my cell phone provider, but if the competition offered 6G data services while my provider was stuck on 3G, I would throw in the towel and leave. Dish subscribers, DirecTV is way ahead now. You'll reach your breaking point soon, I know you will.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't understand the point of this thread and others like it. We are all very frustrated with E*. We all want more HD. This site is becoming nothing more than a place for E* subscribers to complain. I have E*, and I am not happy either, but enough already.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't understand the point of this thread and others like it. We are all very frustrated with E*. We all want more HD. This site is becoming nothing more than a place for E* subscribers to complain. I have E*, and I am not happy either, but enough already.

Part of the point of this thread is to continue to let it be known about our frustrations so that they might do something about it. Does there always have to be a point? What is the point of any thread? The point is that this is a public forum. What is the point of always asking what the point is?

If E* hasn't got the message by now they never will. To continue to complain doesn't help the situation. They could wait and add new HD next year, and you will act as though your complaining made a difference. They will add HD when their ready. Obviously, all of these complaint threads have made no difference.

You are nearing your breaking point. Go ahead and cancel and seriously, you'll feel this huge weight come off your back. You'll feel liberated and free.

If E* hasn't got the message by now they never will. To continue to complain doesn't help the situation. They could wait and add new HD next year, and you will act as though your complaining made a difference. They will add HD when their ready. Obviously, all of these complaint threads have made no difference.

Everyone is just venting. You the stages of grief.... anger, denial, anger again, denial again, canceling Dish, happiness.

You are nearing your breaking point. Go ahead and cancel and seriously, you'll feel this huge weight come off your back. You'll feel liberated and free.

I'm ok, I'm ok... Seriously, it just seems that members get on this site and act as though they can demand what they want. This site, and others like it, are very little fish in a big pond. You cannot make demands to a corp like E*. If you don't like it then leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)