Hd Channels That We Want Now!

Everybody wants something different,

True.. but if you add up all the nationals available today, there are less than 50 they don't have including all the stuff DirecTV has plus premiums available but not offered anywhere yet (IE 26 HBOs and Cinemax's).

A few every few weeks should satisfy you Dish subscribers.

I'm right there with you. My HD locals are important to me...but I'd love some of the other stations that DTV has! The DVR is of utmost importance to me as I'd never be able to watch what I want without it! If DTV ever improves their DVR (post TIVO...STUPIDEST decision they ever made!)...I think I'm gone...

Well, they bought ReplayTV, so they just might. Imagine if they incorporated Replay software into their DVRs.

USA
SCIFI
DISNE
DISNW
NICKE
NICKW
CARTOON NETWORK
HBO (ALL of them in HD)
CINEMAX (ALL of them in HD)
SHOWTIME (ALL of them in HD)

With those added, I think that would be it for us.

That's exactly what I said.

Not exactly,

"I would just like to see at least one national HD channel added every few weeks, or even once a month until the next satellite is launched"

There is a difference between a few every few weeks and one every few weeks or month... a few being 3 or more... my thoughts are 3-4 channels a month, your plan is 1 channel per month.... under my plan we are talking 36-48 channels in a years time... your plan adds 12... haha... not exactly the same thing but either way it is better than what they are doing now!

Not exactly,

"I would just like to see at least one national HD channel added every few weeks, or even once a month until the next satellite is launched"

There is a difference between a few every few weeks and one every few weeks or month... a few being 3 or more... my thoughts are 3-4 channels a month, your plan is 1 channel per month.... under my plan we are talking 36-48 channels in a years time... your plan adds 12... haha... not exactly the same thing but either way it is better than what they are doing now!

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh. :p We are talking about Dish network. I think we are all learning to not set the bar too high, lol. I was simply trying to be realistic with my goals.

For me it's the ability to watch recorded TV in my bedroom and only having one DVR. ...and I've read about their reliability...and it's not good!
I can tell you from my own experience that the HR series is as reliable as any E* box I have had or do have.
In all honesty, both are decent DVRs

SciFi HD, BBC America HD (when it launches), more Cinemax and Starz HD (not a Showtime or HBO sub at present). The kids would like Cartoon Network HD and the ABC suite, especially Disney Channel and Toon Disney.

MGM-HD would be nice, but their current programming lineup is somewhat lacking IMHO.

more Cinemax and Starz HD (not a Showtime or HBO sub at present).

In a non related thought. All the movie channels have their pros and cons and one of the biggest cons for me is the standard def 4:3 aspect ratio. One nice thing about the SD Showtimes is that they are showing a lot of stuff in 16:9 now. If you have a 16:9 HD, zoom that box in and it fills the screen nicely (I don't mean stretching). Obviously the resolution isn't as good as HD, but the aspect ratio issue is no longer a problem with many movies on Showtime. HBO and Cinemax don't seem to be doing this. Their 4:3 SD channels are still cropping everything. I like what Showtime has been doing with this lately. I have all the premiums accept TMC (which is not part of my Showtime package with BHN like it is with some providers). When flipping through all the SD premiums, I am more likely to stop on a Showtime multichannel these days because of the aspect ratio. I'd say the quality of first run and repeat movies is spread equally across Starz, Showtime, and HBO. A few months later each of those channels will dump them down to Encore, TMC, or Cinemax respectively. Occasionally, HBO throws a bone to Cinemax subscribers and puts a movie on Cinemax before HBO, but it is generally HBO first.

It is bad enough we are watching movies in SD, but since we must, I think HBO and Max should follow what Showtime has done and start broadcasting much of their stuff in 16x9. Just give us a downconvert of the HD feed, since all Max and HBOs will have an HD version soon if they don't already.

So, what doesn't the HR20/HR21 not do that's preventing you from switching?

That's a double-negative. You're banned for life!:D

But definitely a question that a lot of 622/722 owners are asking as they debate within themselves whether to switch to D* or not.

CNN and Fox

I want Cnn . hd, fox business channel, and cnbc hd

Fox news channel would be nice in hd, they have some hotties working news and i am a republican and a businessman ( no obama for me), so give me my fox in hd

I want Cnn . hd, fox business channel, and cnbc hd

Fox news channel would be nice in hd, they have some hotties working news and i am a republican and a businessman ( no obama for me), so give me my fox in hd

Speaking of Obama.... I saw the funniest (and sadest) thing yesterday... Some clunker in front of me in traffic had both an Obama and a Hillary sticker on either side of their hatchback in the rear. Reminds me of the idiots with two or more radio station stickers on their car.

Bumper stickers, as tacky as they are, are supposed to define you. "I listen to 95.5, I love my hip-pop." Fine, you love your hip hop. What are you doing then with a hard rock station 97.5 sticker next to your hip-hop station sticker? Make up your mind! Either the hip-hop station defines you or the hard rock station defines you. You found it important enough to put on your car, so it SHOULD say something about the person behind that wheel. Are you in their bopping around to hip-hop or jamming out to hard rock? You aren't doing both. One is more important to you than the other.

This idiot with the Obama and Hillary stickers doesn't know what he or she wants. His or her head is obviously in the clouds. I would bet money on the fact that the average republican or even the average democrat which has picked either Hillary or Obama as their choice, could blow this douchebag away in a debate on the issues. This dual-sticker idiot obviously does not know what is going on. Somebody spoon fed him or her the idea that they should be a democrat, and now they are faced with deciding who to endorse. So they are endorsing both. They are sheep, following their flock. The worst of the worst.

Yes.... Fox Business in HD and the forthcoming Fox News Channel HD would be lovely to have. I don't care about CNN, since I don't watch it and I haven't watched CNBC since my friends at Fox developed Fox Biz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts