HD channels with one dish in Miami ?

slimoli

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
I can see Dish is moving (adding) some internationals channels to the 118. Is there any chance they also move the HD channels only on the 61.5 to the 110 or 119/ That's the only way I could get all the HD channels from my balcony with no SE view.

Thanks

Sergio

I see a bunch of HD channels in MPEG4 on the 110 (ch 55XX) but there is a side note that says HI and AK only. Does it mean that we can't get them from Miami ? Nothing works here in Miami....

I can see Dish is moving (adding) some internationals channels to the 118. Is there any chance they also move the HD channels only on the 61.5 to the 110 or 119/ That's the only way I could get all the HD channels from my balcony with no SE view.

Thanks

Sergio

Most of the HD channels on 61.5 are mirrored on 129. Don't know if you can get them in Miami. There have been coverage maps posted, you should look for them.

I see a bunch of HD channels in MPEG4 on the 110 (ch 55XX) but there is a side note that says HI and AK only. Does it mean that we can't get them from Miami ? Nothing works here in Miami....

These are spotbeamed and cannot be in in Miami. Also note, the HD available on the Alaska/Hawaii is a shortened package and does not include all the HD channels available everywhere else.

you can get 129 from miami, but you need a large dish thats only for 129.. I was getting around 70's when I was attempting it.. I can get 61.5 from where I'm at but I would prefer one dish not 2.. I'll wait till they put up the mpeg4 setup and switch..

My local tech tried to get all 4 sat signals with one Dish 1000. (110,118,119,129) The result was that everything worked except the VOOM channels. Their signal was not strong enough to sustain continued reception so they would either work or not. So they re-installed a second dish. California location. Apparently you can get everything with one dish if you don't mind losing some Hd channels which is not likely.

Last edited:
Tvlman

You are in California and the 129 works but here in Miami all I hear are horror stories about it. Officially the 129 is not supposed to be used outside its footprint and Miami is totally out of it. Directv is even worse because the intl channel I want requires an extra monster 30" dish. I can't have 2 big dishes on my balcony.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)