HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In going along with the 2nd reason, in 2007 they publicly announced that by the end of that year all of the HBO/Cinemax channels would be in HD. Over 3 1/ years later they still haven't met that commitment (although, they are closer).. They really don't want to do that again.

Why does DTV always play this childish game of never announcing upcoming HD channels? Why not just tell us ahead (like a year ahead) which HD channel(s) are scheduled and when.
Press releases generate excitement, but they also create milestones that, when not met, usually do more harm than good.

In this case, the absence of an announcement when you had established a record of announcing would have prevented many DIRECTV subscribers from hoping that they were going to get such a channel for the 14 months that passed since the last one in this class. There are always those who spew "they better add this soon or I'm going away" ultimatums that might actually jump if they knew with certainty.

Most likely for two reasons. One, if they announced ahead of time, the competition could conceivably put that channel up first and beat Directv to the punch. Two, a few years ago they announced they would have ESPN2 in hd on a certain date. For whatever reason they couldn't do it. There was a firestorm over it. They probably don't want to hear it again.

You mean Dish. Well, Dish already has AMC-HD, BBC-HD, History-HD, NaGeo-Wild HD, and all the other best HDs.

So, what competition?

You mean Dish. Well, Dish already has AMC-HD, BBC-HD, History-HD, NaGeo-Wild HD, and all the other best HDs.

So, what competition?

If you are going to come here to troll, at the very least you should respond to the correct post. I was pointing out why Directv doesn't announce their hd additions ahead of time, and you posted some of the channels that Dish has that Directv doesn't. Boy, you sure are a genius!

cj_views said:

So, what competition?

Dish, it is its own competition. Just look at the long ongoing dispute with Disney. Also, how many of Dish's subs would like to have MLB Extra Innings or have them bring back Fuse? And right now they are in another dispute which caused them to drop Bismarck Fox.

Last edited:
If you are going to come here to troll, at the very least you should respond to the correct post. I was pointing out why Directv doesn't announce their hd additions ahead of time, and you posted some of the channels that Dish has that Directv doesn't. Boy, you sure are a genius!

I believe your original comment was:

" if they announced ahead of time, the competition could conceivably put that channel up first and beat Directv to the punch."

Unless I've failed to understand English I was responding correctly to your post:

"You mean Dish (beat Directv to the punch). Well, Dish already has all the other best HDs (meaning, that boat has alrready sailed).

Genius? Perhaps, not!

I believe your original comment was:

" if they announced ahead of time, the competition could conceivably put that channel up first and beat Directv to the punch."

Unless I've failed to understand English I was responding correctly to your post:

"You mean Dish (beat Directv to the punch). Well, Dish already has all the other best HDs (meaning, that boat has alrready sailed).

Genius? Perhaps, not!

Now I understand what you were trying to say in the first place. If you would have been more thorough, there would have been no misunderstanding. Your post was still trolling. Now go back to the Dish forum. Do I go there and laugh that you guys don't have YES, or MSG, or any of the other NYC rsns? No! Why, because I am an adult, not an eight year old!

Now go back to the Dish forum. Do I go there and laugh that you guys don't have YES, or MSG, or any of the other NYC rsns? No! Why, because I am an adult, not an eight year old!

Wow, displaying so much hostility on something so trivial!

You need to relax and take your medication.

Wow, displaying so much hostility on something so trivial!

You need to relax and take your medication.

I'm a phleg, I'm always relaxed. I don't take any medication. Trolling isn't trivial, it's immature.

Last edited:
In HD, I will now give some shows a look at like breaking bad. About three more hd adds for me and I am about set, hopefully one day down the road they will be added :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts