HD Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fatal Ostriches

Original poster
Nov 29, 2018
Ohio
My parents have had dish since 1994 but still have the old srandast, non HD channels. In fact, their first HD TV they bought in 2008 just died this morning. Is there any way we can get HD stations at no additional cost? They're paying $110 a month...

Its built into the cost of the receivers...HD receivers cost more than SD

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Is this even effectively true anymore? I cannot imagine the component costs of a STB that can do HD vs. one that can only do SD would be more than a few cents higher these days, and could possibly be cheaper as semiconductor and other component vendors probably don't make enough SD-only products to get good economies of scale anymore. I'm not even sure if UHD STBs would be materially more expensive than HD these days.

Is this even effectively true anymore? I cannot imagine the component costs of a STB that can do HD vs. one that can only do SD would be more than a few cents higher these days, and could possibly be cheaper as semiconductor and other component vendors probably don't make enough SD-only products to get good economies of scale anymore. I'm not even sure if UHD STBs would be materially more expensive than HD these days.
No SD receivers any more

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: joegr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)