Cancelled Dish Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
I've had our Dish account reduced to a vacation type status for the last year, and they've been taking $15/month out of the bank. Today I saw a $51.95 charge to Dish, so I looked at my account online and saw that it was the same last month too. I didn't mind the $15, but $52 is a little too much to pay for something I'm not using. I called Dish support, and they offered to re-instate the credit, but I've gotten the wife used to the Direct remotes now, so we aren't going back.

I've had a Dish account for 15 years, since we bought our first HDTV. It's like losing an old friend, but bundling Direct with ATT cell and internet was too good of a deal to pass up.

Reactions: osu1991
I've had our Dish account reduced to a vacation type status for the last year, and they've been taking $15/month out of the bank. Today I saw a $51.95 charge to Dish, so I looked at my account online and saw that it was the same last month too. I didn't mind the $15, but $52 is a little too much to pay for something I'm not using. I called Dish support, and they offered to re-instate the credit, but I've gotten the wife used to the Direct remotes now, so we aren't going back.

I've had a Dish account for 15 years, since we bought our first HDTV. It's like losing an old friend, but bundling Direct with ATT cell and internet was too good of a deal to pass up.
Take care, see ya

Reactions: HipKat
I have had dish for over 18 years and I am not going anywhere. Good luck with direct and att.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeah, I wouldn't ever do business with them again after how badly they screwed over our business landline service. ATT customer service is worse than any other company I've ever dealt with.

You'll be back.

Anytime you feel there is a better a deal take it. I very often compare DISH to Directv and the two local cable companies Spectrum and Frontier. For the channels I want (most of them) the existing customer discount from DISH with Top 200 saves about $40 over a new customer discount with Cable if I do not want to downgrade channels. I have not checked Directv recently. From that $40 you can subtract about $15 that I would save on internet if I bundled with Cable so a net savings of $25 a month staying with DISH, a service I would much rather have anyway. That does not include the 1/2 price off the Sports Pack with Red Zone a very good value and cheap way to get Red Zone and some endings of Baseball games etc. And I don't see a corresponding movie pack value (which includes Epix) from the cable choices that DISH has for $10.
Add to that I pay only $7 for a DVR fee FAR FAR less than I would pay on top of what I have compared so far and even if I were to get a Hopper I would still get a discount off the full DVR cost. I rarely lose the signal, less than they do here for Cable though they don't lose it often. (Any power outage in the area, car/pole accident, etc etc). Even though outdated the DISH VIP receivers I have are still just about trouble free reliable and they are faster than the Spectrum receiver my in laws have at changing channels and menu selections.

But that's my experience and being a long time customer of DISH and in my area. No doubt better deals for some can be had by switching.

The longest you can have a vacation hold is 9 months, after that your original programming with the attendant charges is re-instated automatically. The CSR reads the statement about automatic activation when you call in for vacation holds. You should have received an e-mail informing you of the re-activation when it occured.

Two more things:
- The vacation fee is $5.00 per month plus local taxes, not sure why you were paying $15
- You lose any discounts when the account is re-activated

I use vacation holds all the time because my job takes me overseas on a regular basis for 2 weeks to 3 months at a time. DA for TV while overseas doesn't work for me because I live in an Internet-deprived area, AKA "The Boonies" and work in even more Internet deprived areas when overseas.

Reactions: pattykay
I pay Cox $80 per month for internet. I can bundle cable for $90 per month, but the month charges double when the forst year is up. Cox is screwing me for internet, but I will stick with Dish's Welcome pack.

Reactions: josem3 and pattykay
I pay Cox $80 per month for internet. I can bundle cable for $90 per month, but the month charges double when the forst year is up. Cox is screwing me for internet, but I will stick with Dish's Welcome pack.

That annoys me with Cox. Their bundle packages vary across the country. I get very good bundle deals in Tulsa but not so much in Las Vegas, which is why we just have internet and locals in Vegas and use a slingbox to watch cable recordings from dvr in Tulsa.

I left Dish for Cox in late 2015. Bundles was 150/10 internet and advanced basic tv with cable card for my tivo. 2 yr agreement $104 the first year and $114 2nd year.

I went into the cox store back in March when 2nd year was expiring and price was going up to $178 and got another bundle agreement of same tv and 100/10 internet for $120 a year for 2 years.

I was paying Dish around $100 a month 2 yrs ago for AT 200 and dvr/equipment fees and Cox $90 a month for internet.

That annoys me with Cox. Their bundle packages vary across the country. I get very good bundle deals in Tulsa but not so much in Las Vegas, which is why we just have internet and locals in Vegas and use a slingbox to watch cable recordings from dvr in Tulsa.

I left Dish for Cox in late 2015. Bundles was 150/10 internet and advanced basic tv with cable card for my tivo. 2 yr agreement $104 the first year and $114 2nd year.

I went into the cox store back in March when 2nd year was expiring and price was going up to $178 and got another bundle agreement of same tv and 100/10 internet for $120 a year for 2 years.

I was paying Dish around $100 a month 2 yrs ago for AT 200 and dvr/equipment fees and Cox $90 a month for internet.

Spectrum is the same way. Their price points vary across the country

Cancelled Dish after being with them for over 21 years because of the over inflated bill. 250 channels and I only watched less than 15. Boxed everything up to send back and now have a streaming service that gives me everything I want. I cut my bill about $80 a month. Will never come back unless my internet slows to a crawl. As you get older channel surfing becomes quite monotonous. The one thing is you can jump from one service to another at will so it really is a no brainer. For the first time in 21 years a rep actually noticed I had been with them for so long. He was willing to cut my bill $10 and $2 off each Joey! Really big of them. I should never be charged for the use of ANY equipment because of my long term loyalty, but they don't really care. I am really enjoying the You Tube TV I have because of the quality of picture. I really don't miss anything Dish has to offer. What is there?

Cancelled Dish after being with them for over 21 years because of the over inflated bill. 250 channels and I only watched less than 15. Boxed everything up to send back and now have a streaming service that gives me everything I want. I cut my bill about $80 a month. Will never come back unless my internet slows to a crawl. As you get older channel surfing becomes quite monotonous. The one thing is you can jump from one service to another at will so it really is a no brainer. For the first time in 21 years a rep actually noticed I had been with them for so long. He was willing to cut my bill $10 and $2 off each Joey! Really big of them. I should never be charged for the use of ANY equipment because of my long term loyalty, but they don't really care. I am really enjoying the You Tube TV I have because of the quality of picture. I really don't miss anything Dish has to offer. What is there?
Live Sports?

Reactions: charlesrshell

250 Channels (which you had for some, as yet, unexplained reason)?

I like my archived programs on EHDs. Never expire.

I like a single, consolidated EPG.

I like one consistent interface.

I never watch live. I never watch sports (well, I got a laugh out of curling).

And so I pay for the convenience. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)