Cancelled Dish Today

Regarding tv, to each his own. Everyone has different priorities and what they're willing to spend. Airing the reason you left is no big deal imo. Gotta do what works for you.
Have been a long time dish customer and will be for the foreseeable future.

Here's the thing about that DTV "deal". It's a year. I only know this because customers that switch to DTV or any other service only encounter a sales rep or CSA. That's their experience with DTV. One on one. I deal with DTV customers every day that are switching to Dish and in many cases coming back to Dish because that "deal" went from about $59.00 a month to like $140 a month after a year - for lesser equipment, KU Band signal that in many cases loses signal in weather that's hardly enough to be considered severe and a customer service that's worse than many other companies out there. So I guess when someone comes on here lauding the great "deal" they got and comes across as rubbing our faces in it, it gets under my skin

Guess I hit a nerve. Sorry.
Nah, don't be. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between the legit cancellations and people just trolling. Many times you can tell the difference between them when someone makes outrageous claims of how they were treated or how much they were paying. The only thing in your original post that doesn't make sense, at least to me, is why were you paying $15 a month while you were on pause/vacation hold?

After re-reading the post, it looks more like you had some kind of monthly credit applied that expired after a year, instead of having the account on hold, which is normally $5/month for up to 9 months (or 6?)

Here's the thing about that DTV "deal". It's a year. I only know this because customers that switch to DTV or any other service only encounter a sales rep or CSA. That's their experience with DTV. One on one. I deal with DTV customers every day that are switching to Dish and in many cases coming back to Dish because that "deal" went from about $59.00 a month to like $140 a month after a year - for lesser equipment, KU Band signal that in many cases loses signal in weather that's hardly enough to be considered severe and a customer service that's worse than many other companies out there. So I guess when someone comes on here lauding the great "deal" they got and comes across as rubbing our faces in it, it gets under my skin

I agree 100%. The savings are only good for the first year of that deal. It's a bait and switch.

Nah, don't be. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between the legit cancellations and people just trolling. Many times you can tell the difference between them when someone makes outrageous claims of how they were treated or how much they were paying. The only thing in your original post that doesn't make sense, at least to me, is why were you paying $15 a month while you were on pause/vacation hold?

After re-reading the post, it looks more like you had some kind of monthly credit applied that expired after a year, instead of having the account on hold, which is normally $5/month for up to 9 months (or 6?)
I looked up my old Dish bill. It was a $35/month credit on the Welcome Pack ($22.99) plus the equipment lease cost ($26). So the credit expired, and it wasn't worth keeping the service. I'm returning the equipment this week.

Reactions: dare2be
i was paying spectrum 150.00 a month for internet 100 mbps phone and cable the gold package. i would have loved to get a tivo with them but i read all the horror stories on the charter twc spectrum tivo threads about things not working

When I joined Dish it was a $9.99/month deal for a year or two. I got two 301s so it was actually a bit more. That was the major reason we went with Dish.

The second reason was a neighbor with DTV and TiVo. I hated the cutesy interface.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I, for one, appreciate people talking about why they leave Dish just as much as the people who share why they decide to sign up for Dish. As for the AT&T deal, they seem very willing to cut people new deals on renewals recently. My parents just got a new Genie installed and a $30 discount on their service for 24 months in exchange for signing a new contract. I was able to get a $20 discount on my AT&T Internet "for as long as I have service" just for renewing for 12-months. Too bad I couldn't get a deal on bundling my wireless and internet. Oh well, that is what MVNOs are for.

Reactions: charlesrshell

The CSR probably left the Dish Protect Silver on when they paused it. That's what caused the $15 a month.

Reactions: HipKat
I'm in month 16 now.

I'd be damn proud of that. I've been with DISH since I picked up a box of hardware from a participating dealer, installed my own equipment/dish the old fashion way with the 301's, and the choice to hand pick your channels which is "fair and balanced" as opposed to hand picking bundles which have a lot of useless crap.

Dish is a rip, AT&T is a rip, DirectTV is a rip....the entire telecommunication industry is a rip. It's encumbent upon smart shoppers to shop for the best value.

What really pisses me off about DISH (ya, am gonna rant whether any of the enablers like it or not) is when they raise my rates without any prior notice! Every year it's a game of nickel and diming us to death, just a "small" $5 increase.

Signed,
Researching for a better deal

Read some of the responses to my comment and none have yet give me a compelling reason to stay with Dish. I get all the sports I want, LIVE. I sub to MLBtv each season. I am watching all the live college games I can handle. I don't watch the NFL for any reason. As far as having 250 channels and only watching a few, the way Dish bundles their programming you have to stepup to get certain channels. My wife has learned to do without to save over $1000 a year. I have unlimited DVR cloud service which works without a hitch. But as I said before long time loyalty doesn't matter to Dish, it's all about how much they can screw out of you. Sit back and really evaluate what is important and how much you want to pay for it.

I went back and re-read your first post. No where did I see a request from you for respondents to provide a compelling reason for you to stay with Dish. In fact, you emphatically stated "Will never come back unless my internet slows to a crawl." Seems kind of final to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)