HD Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If they've been around Dish since dirt (BTY IIRC Dish really did not get started until 1996), you should be able to talk Dish into a free upgrade to an H3.

$110 for SD programming on a SD box is atrocious!!!

That is, of course, unless they have the AEP Pack or one of the other highest packages with movies or something (except HBO now of course).

I've had Dish since 2003, have upgraded receivers from time to time (usually about 1 year after the new ones came out) had to pay a little up front from time to time but it's well worth it.

I bought two 301 receivers from Radio Shack in 2003 to which i connected a TiVo in 2005, paid $50 to upgrade to a D501 DVR, got an upgrade to a ViP622 for $100, got a free upgrade to a ViP722 and got a ViP722K when the HDD in the 722 went in the weeds, got a free upgrade to an original Hopper, then paid $100 to upgrade to my Hopper 3.

I have AT200 with an H3 and a J2 and my bill is just under $100 with all taxes and fees.

Reactions: pattykay
Its built into the cost of the receivers...HD receivers cost more than SD

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Actually I think your looking at the same costs to manufacture, but are probably paying more in licensing for 8psk and mpeg4 capabilities.

But if you look at the cost per channel per transponder savings going to 8psk and mpeg4 is definitely saving money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts