HD Confusion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tyrate

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Just recently I had a DTV installer come over and install a new DVR box I had it placed into my kid's room. Here my question, I wanted him (installer) to run a line up to my attic so I can install a UHF antenna up there but he says theirs no reason to due that; instead I should attach some other antenna that supposedly comes with the receiver I got (which I never received)! I got the H10 receiver thru the DTV Protection plan, it replace my old Sammy HDSTB, it was refurbish and only came with a remote, HD box, and a Access card. He also said some thing about if I had the antenna he would have been able to program it for me and that I would able to receive all the local HD channels in my area for free. He describe it as small CB type antenna, I imagine it looks like something you would find on the back of a wireless router. Now I'd looked up the contents that suppose to come with a brand new H10 receiver, the only antenna it mentions in the box contents is a RF antenna and I believe that’s for the remote control not UHF HD signals(I never received that either by the way). The guy said I should call DTV and request that they send me this antenna but I have know idea what antenna I should be asking for!!

So is there such a antenna? If not, does anyone know about any really good indoor antenna for the Virginia Beach Area?

As a person who grew up in the area of Va beach I like to call "under the shadow of Pat Robertson" and who has been all over my beloved home state, I can tell you, you can easily use a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor ant.

Tyrate said:
Just recently I had a DTV installer come over and install a new DVR box I had it placed into my kid's room. Here my question, I wanted him (installer) to run a line up to my attic so I can install a UHF antenna up there but he says theirs no reason to due that; instead I should attach some other antenna that supposedly comes with the receiver I got (which I never received)! I got the H10 receiver thru the DTV Protection plan, it replace my old Sammy HDSTB, it was refurbish and only came with a remote, HD box, and a Access card. He also said some thing about if I had the antenna he would have been able to program it for me and that I would able to receive all the local HD channels in my area for free. He describe it as small CB type antenna, I imagine it looks like something you would find on the back of a wireless router. Now I'd looked up the contents that suppose to come with a brand new H10 receiver, the only antenna it mentions in the box contents is a RF antenna and I believe that’s for the remote control not UHF HD signals(I never received that either by the way). The guy said I should call DTV and request that they send me this antenna but I have know idea what antenna I should be asking for!!

So is there such a antenna? If not, does anyone know about any really good indoor antenna for the Virginia Beach Area?

Hey Tyrate,

Just call your Local "Small Satellite Dealer" and he can help you get your Local channels.... If you need help finding a local Tech, just e-mail me and I will find one for you...:)

I appreciate all the love everyone is showing, I'm currently using a Samsung TV-5 indoor antenna with a preamp. It can get ABC, CBS, NBC and "I"TV or PAX or whatever the hell you want to call it and of course PBS. My box can also see NC channels and my local UPN and WB channels but the antenna signal strength is too weak to actually see a picture. All the other channels come in decent depending how the wind is blowing if you know what mean. If my wife turns on the microwave it's all over. So I have to tell my wife on football Sunday no cooking allowed in the house during game time and I have to place the dogs strategically through out house so they don't mess with the signal to many bodies in living room will screw it all up. Goes over real well with her. Anyway I I've brought so many antennas already I just don't know what to buy anymore, I've think brought all the HD Antennas they offer in Radio Shack and most of the ones you find in walmart and Kmart. I've always known about the silver sensor but I don't know where locally I can get one and I tend to be inpatient when comes to my electronic Toys! Anyway Thanks again for the response.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)