HD Delay

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, that person (like many others) was likely just recounting the same story heard/read in a variety of different places; this being one of them as there was already a thread discussing that topic: DirecTV HD Delays possible.

There is a huge rash of people posting and reposting the same info over and over again in different places;

A/ to try and give it "legs" as they say

B/
to give the appearance of being a person with intimate or special info that no one else has; the I posted it first crowd..

Having the many multiple threads on the same stuff over and over makes it terribly hard for users to keep up, read for understanding or get actual usable info.

Who are you replying too? If me; I did read it, all the way through. That thread ended with:

"Heres what he said in a nutshell. They are having the same probs with the spot beams as they have been that weren't supposed to have an effect on launch. he says the satellite CAN transmit the new Channels it is a matter of if they are going to let them. The biggest issue seems to be more of a marketing thing than technical. Some people want to release the channels that they can in the areas that they can, aand work on the others while it's up (basically the spot beams can work but in the wrong locations I think) While others want to wait thill they have everything perfect. Lots of worrying about the monetary effects of releasing, A) not all the channels originally slated, or B) releasing all the channels but a few days later. Hope this clarifies without worrying about getting my brother in trouble. ( HE says he likes the job. don't know how.... I want to kill him and I am FAMILY.....)"

They are referring to the same spot beam issues posted here numerous times in threads that already exist. Possible spot beam issues on DirecTV-10, not sure if they can fix it, could possibly affect new LiL rollouts, but not national HD rollouts.

So its nothing new. What was your point, or what was new?

And? Am I missing what was new? No one has any bankable facts on the topic one way or another BUT, why did we need yet another separate thread on something that already was being talked about?

And? Am I missing what was new?

Forget it then. I read that thread as new info (not about the spots, but about a potential last minute delay) from what I consider a credible source. Personally, I hope it turns out to be nothing.

I'll go back to DBSTalk now. Sorry to intrude.

P.S. A link to the thread you keep referring to would have been polite.

Last edited:
I was up early but of course no HD. I've had low readings on 103b on some of the TPS and think they are having a problem getting full coverage on some TPS. At this point as some of the TPS are in the 90s I think it is D10s problem but I'll just wait it out and see how it all plays out before I call DirecTV. I'm in the Quad Cities along the Mississippi river.

For what it's worth I sent an email to CS and, suprisingly, received an email back within an hour. It smells a little like an automated response - they might be getting a lot of unhappy customers. I switched from cable recently for the sole reason that a CSR indicated that *early* September there would be dozens of new HD channels.

Here is the response:
Thank you for writing and letting us know your concern about the HD Channels. I understand how frustrating this could be and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I also see here that you're one of our new customers and I would like to thank you for choosing DIRECTV.

After years of preparation, we?re excited that the first wave of new HD channels should be on the air by the end of September. Here are the channels we expect to be available first:

A&E HD
Big Ten Network HD
Cartoon Network
Cinemax HD East
Cinemax HD West
CNN HD
ESPNews HD
Food Network HD
FSN New York HD
HBO HD West
HGTV-HD
The History Channel HD
Madison Square Garden HD
MHD
NFL Network HD
National Geographic Channel HD
Showtime HD West
Smithsonian Channel HD
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz Kids & Family HD
Starz HD East
Starz HD West
TBS in HD
The Movie Channel HD
Versus HD / Golf Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD

While details are still being finalized, we?re planning to bring up the following channels in October:

Animal Planet HD
Bravo HD
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD
Discovery Channel HD
Fox Business Channel HD
FSN Detroit HD
FSN Prime Ticket HD
FSN Southwest HD
FSN West HD
Fuel TV HD
FX HD
The Learning Channel HD
MGM HD
NBA TV HD
New England Sports Network HD
The Science Channel HD
Sci-Fi Network HD
Speed Channel HD
SportsNet New York HD
USA Network HD
Yankees Entertainment & Sports HD (YES)

And that?s not all! Even though we don?t have a definite schedule yet, we?re expecting to bring you even more HD channels in the near future. Stay tuned to directv.com/hd to keep up with the latest HD news.

Thanks again for writing, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts