HD dish hardward

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rtt846

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
as a long time Direct customer, i am interested in upgrading to HD. Question- can I just purchase new HD reciever and us my existing dual lnb dish? why or why not???

Thanks.....

You can purchase the HD Receiver from anywhere, but you will need a triple LNB dish that sees all three Satellites. As the HD programming is not on the main sat.

the 3 LNB dish would be required because signal will be obtained from 3 satellite location, therefore a typical round dish will not work correctly.

you can buy your receiver from a retailer, ebay, or a buddy to obtain your best deal and have it activated. be sure of the source's reputation.

Thanks guys... I was wondering why there was triple lnb's. I assume the the switching takes place inside the lnb assm for the correct sat that is needed and just because there is 3 lnb's, only 1 cable to the box is needed. Any recomendation on receivers? Have had a Hughes for about 4 years....works very well...but just upgraded to samsung 61"dlp now its time to upgrade receiver ...

On the new Phase III Dish there is a built-in 4 port switch, so you just run one cable to the receiver.

I have a Hughes HTL-HD and LOVE IT!....but they are out of production, so you may have a hard time finding one.

The newest HD receiver out is the RCA DTC-210, I do not have it, but many others have posted very good results with it. Goes for about $299

Call or email DirecTV about what they can to financially to help you purchase the HD equipment. They gave me a credit that paid for almost the whole cost of buying the HTL-HD receiver.

Chris

Call the retention center at 1-800-600-8977, they will be able to give you a better credit for the HD receiver.

I received almost $250 toward the purchase of my HTL-HD :), been with D* for about 6 years.

Called retention center!!! recieved RCA HD tuner, new Dish & install Plus free 6 month HD programing for $90!!!
Thanks..................

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Good to hear about your good deal! Stick around here for any questions you may have. The folks here are pretty knowledgeable about most anything you would have a question about.

Try the arcade out too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)