HD Dish installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

luckyone27105

Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Is there a dish installation guide somewhere?

I have D****TV and and am trying to get HD service. The installation company wants to drill 10 more holes to put the dish on my roof. When I said no, either put it on the chimney or on a post, they refused. They also refused to leave the dish or help with install info.

I bought a dish (oval 3 lnb) and installed it according to the instructions. This is a one TV setup. I ran a single cable from the lnb hookup with combiner box inline to the H20 receiver.

I could not get a signal at all. Zeros everywhere. DTV says the box is turned on and when I hook up an SD box (from the HD dish) the picture jumps up on the screen so I think the box is working.

Any help?

well first off, as far as ur kaku installation, u just got crappy installers. They shouldve put the pole in for free no questions asked. you need to get ahold of dtv and complain. as far as the your signal problem, you said u have a inline box hooked up, do u mean the b-band converter? if not, you need to disconnect it. if it is keep connected cause your going to need when dtv launches more hd channels. check the coordinates on the dish making sure everything is set correctly, make sure your foot mount is plum, and make sure the wire is connected on the sat in port on the receiver ( believe me, ive seen it connected on the off air input ). this should help u out a bit, if u need coordinates refer to the receiver menu. there should be a section where u enter ur zipcode and it gives u the coordinates. there is also a signal meter that follows afterwards. at first youll see numbers just popping up, you have to go to where it says signal meter to view the signal bar.

DTV doesn't give a crap. They may as well have said,"Our way or the highway". I have had multiple problems with DTV and the installers and they just don't care. The contract is signed.

I did get HD working and now working on local channels. Wish me luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)