HD dish options for H21-200 receiver options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ukulele

Original poster
May 2, 2013
United States
I have an H21-200 receiver and need to add a new dish. In order to get HD I belive I need a SWM unit. Someone told me that all the SWM dishs require to be powered. Is this true? Where I need to put the dish is on a chimney near the peak of the house so power is not convenient. I only need one line to one tv. Any advice for those in the know?

Thank you in advance,

Philip

First and foremost, the current hd dish is not support or endoursed to be mounted on a chimney. If anything were to go wrong in the future directv would not service it.

Second if this is the only receiver on the account, as in just one tv, you do not need a swm setup, you can run one line from a regular slimline dish to a broadband converter (should come with your box, if not inexpensive adapter) then to the receiver.

With that being said you can run swm if you want to, its installed basically the same way, and the power inserter is installed near the receiver inside the house, not at the dish itself.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

:welcome to Satelliteguys ukulele!
Like the kitty said, if you are only running one line, you don't need a swm setup, but you will need a bbc inline. They look like this:
bbc.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts