hd dish problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you really have a splitter; maybe. or is it a switch? Any chance of getting a picture or make & model of that "splitter"?

OK that is a multi-switch like attached right (switch for short), not a splitter. Is there any instruction on a specific wiring order for that switch? If that is done correctly, then I am leaning toward the dish not being aimed correctly. Does your look like this?

Attachments

• WB68_zoom.gif
    WB68_zoom.gif
    70.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
OK like this? Thats a 3x8 not a 6x8 right? BUT still, I do not think that is for the AT9 / 5 LNB dish. Did you buy that for the 5 LNB dish or did DirecTV give it to you with a previous install?

Attachments

• SPVMS8EP_zoom.gif
    SPVMS8EP_zoom.gif
    46.1 KB · Views: 77
it has two sat in one anttenna that isnt being used and 6 out going to each receiver with 2 left over

I am almost positive that the Perfect Vision PVMS8EP I attached a picture of is NOT compatible with the 5 LNB dish / H20 setup.

the splitter has 2 sat ins 1 ant in and 8 outs going to receiver 6 are being used 2 are not

when i bypasses the splitter and went right to my receiver i was getting some more hd channels but i wasnt getting anything through the signal meter for 119

DirecTV installed that switch for that 5LNB dish?

You can't bypass the switch for it to work correctly AND it MUST be the correct switch for that AT9 H20 setup. Is that switch from a previous install; like the 1 or 3 LNB dish? I am almost 110% sure that 3x8 isn't correct, but I have asked for baackup on that.

no i installed the dish after the fact. they installed the splitter for a single lnb round dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.