HD-DVD PLAYER $98.87!! at WalMart

What's the difference between the A2 and A3?

About a hundred bucks - or two hundred if you make it to a Wal-Mart this Friday morning. :p

Seriously, they're pretty much identical in specs -

- Max 1080i HD DVD resolution via HDMI or Component (also works with DVD with a HDMI>DVI adapter or cable

- Excellent 1080i upconversion of standard DVD (only via HDMI/DVI w/ HDCP), per DVDForum requirements

- 5.1 DD, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD audio decoding on the player, output via HDMI or Digital Optical (only 2 channel analog)

To the consumer, no perceivable difference. To Toshiba, the 3rd gen players are more streamlined, better SoC (Software on Chip) for lower cost manufacturing. I just got the top end A35 player - excellent player, but it's half the weight & height of my 1st gen XA1.

Anyone look at the Black Friday Ads website? More details....

Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2007 Website

Walmart's Secret Friday Sale
We may have found another reason why Walmart didn’t want their Black Friday advertisements leaked. In a report from the NY Times, Wal-Mart Jump-Starts Discounts for Holidays, Walmart will be running Black Friday-esque deals weeks before Black Friday.

This Friday, starting at 8am on November 2nd, 2007, Walmart will have 5 items on sale for “Black Friday Prices” at Walmart retail stores. Those items will be:

Fisher Price Nascar Ride-On - $144.72
Sanyo 50" Plasma HDTV - $998.00
Acer Laptop w/ Celeron Processor & 1GB RAM - $348.00
Blood Diamond HD-DVD - $14.96
12 Monkeys HD-DVD - $14.96
Big Lebowski HD-DVD - $14.96
Toshiba HD-A2 DVD Player - $98.87

In addition to the items listed, Walmart’s Holiday website also allows consumers to sign up for “Secret In-Store Specials” by email or mobile phone.

Now, the golden question is: will these same items be on sale for Black Friday for cheaper prices? We don’t know, but I will tell you that the Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player for $100 is the lowest price it’s ever been sold at, making it a very hot deal. In addition, with the purchase of the DVD player, you can get 5 Free HD DVDs by mail through Toshiba and Microsoft (Download the 5 Free HD-DVD Offer in PDF here). With the average price of an HD-DVD being around $20, it’s almost like getting the DVD player for free.

Last edited:
I hope my walmart has them, I wasn't going to jump off the fence but this is too good of a deal. If my store has them I'm buying two more for Christmas gifts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts