HD DVD trounces BD sales figures 2:1 for last week

all of you guys are nuts.....

I dont by DVD's i rent them... No one i know buys DVD's either...

get a clue... how many are baught and sold won't decide the outcome of this stupid war.

ease of rental an price of entry level player will...

$$$ will always decided in a free market economy

netflix for HD DVD ..... check
sub 200 dollar HD DVD players at walmart..... check
BTW I dont buy DVD's either because they were never transparent to the original. But now that BD and HD DVD are I do buy them.

Wow, yeah.... let's use someone's personal idea on how to decide what the numbers were, when he says the word "assume" about 10 times in his own article... great idea.

I personally didn't expect BD to compete against Transformers and didn't care if they did - it was the biggest HD format release to date, regardless of which format it was on.

I also don't get, though, why this would push anyone to become HD-DVD exclusive - it just doesn't make sense. It was going to sell a bunch of copies no matter what, and there's just no way they could realistically say that it wouldn't have sold more if it was on both formats or a BD exclusive, because there's just no way to know (well, obviously it would have sold more if it was on both, but you know what I mean). The only reason Paramount was better off with this only being on HD-DVD was because they got $150M for it - plain and simple. They're probably the only ones in this whole deal that made a smart business move. It would have been a loooong time before they made $150M profit just selling the discs.

Last edited: