HD DVR causing TV to turn off?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WrightNReyes

Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
home
The last few days my TV has been turning off every half hour or so when watching on my directv hd dvr box. When I play my ps3 it NEVER turns off. But as soon as I switch to watching on directv my TV turns off within 10 minutes. I've asked around and people have said it could be the box. Is this possible?

The last few days my TV has been turning off every half hour or so when watching on my directv hd dvr box. When I play my ps3 it NEVER turns off. But as soon as I switch to watching on directv my TV turns off within 10 minutes. I've asked around and people have said it could be the box. Is this possible?

That's a new one on me, never heard of it happening because of the dvr.

I'm not saying this is the OP's problem but neighbor had a similar problem with his Vizio and it turned out that there was some glitch in the remote coding that was turning on the sleep mode on his TV. Just happened it was every 30 minutes and we found it by using the TV's remote to access the TV's menu. He'd decided to go to a Harmony about the same time and once he switched over to that it hasn't happened again that I know of. Again, just a suggestion.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts