HD DVR on SDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I am finally getting my HD-DVR installed this coming monday but I am not getting my HD television until Christmas(no matter how much I beg the Wife wont give it to me now). I am wondering if there will be any problems getting the reciever installed to my digital television or will the installer have to refuse me.

If your TV has an RCA input, you should be able to get it installed even though the installer might be resistant about it. However, if your TV only has a coax input then you will not be able to connect the HD-DVR to it.

I had an hr20-700 hooked up to a sony 36" sd for months until I was allowed (castrated over here) to get an hdtv. Loved it then even better now!! He shouldn't give you any trouble at all!!

Yeah the tv is relatively new..about 8 months old and has Component inputs, rca inputs, and I believe S-video. I was just worried he would refuse to do the job and had even thought about going to a rental place and renting a tv for a week.

You should be fine as long as you have other inputs other than coax. I remember installing hd equipment on a lot standard tvs. Even had a few customers run to the store and buy a modulator for tvs with only coax. Don't worry....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Long Term Subs prices versus New Subs

Do I REALLY need to lease the receivers???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)