hd dvr on sdtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smo815

Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Already have 1 hd dvr on an hdtv. Having 2 new hd tv's installed, however they will be on sd tv as I will not have new hd tv's in time for the install. Will this be an issue when the hd dvr's are installed?

As long as there is a TV there to verify the installation, it probably won't matter.....they can hook the new HD boxes up to the SD TV's.

I already have an HD DVR installed to use on my plasma TV, so I don't need to upgrade any equipment. So here's my question: I looked online and I have some free upgrades (I could get an SD DVR, a HD receiver, or pay $99 for another HD DVR). I only have the one HDTV, but plan on getting another one down the road. I'm guessing that if I get an HD receiver for my SD TV, it will not work. Correct?

Or should I wait? Will the upgrade offer still be around in a year or so?

I already have an HD DVR installed to use on my plasma TV, so I don't need to upgrade any equipment. So here's my question: I looked online and I have some free upgrades (I could get an SD DVR, a HD receiver, or pay $99 for another HD DVR). I only have the one HDTV, but plan on getting another one down the road. I'm guessing that if I get an HD receiver for my SD TV, it will not work. Correct?

Or should I wait? Will the upgrade offer still be around in a year or so?

The HD receiver will work. They have S-video and composite video outputs. The offer will probably be there later, as long as you don't do any other upgrades. But if you do it now, you can start the time on the contract extension now vs later....

The HD receiver will work. They have S-video and composite video outputs. The offer will probably be there later, as long as you don't do any other upgrades. But if you do it now, you can start the time on the contract extension now vs later....

Ah. That makes good sense. I still have one year left on my current contract.

Thanks.

When I started with Directv a year ago I had no HD TV. I new in the first six months I would so I did the HD DVR on my SDTV via S-Video. You are better off doing the upgrade now versus later to get the contract cooking sooner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts