HD DVR Plus price question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Does anyone have the newest Direct HD DVR Plus and or does anyone know what one would cost ordered from Direct TV?

Also is the extra features worth the cost difference vs. the other HD DVR?

I am looking to upgrade from my H-20 and then sell it.

Does anyone have the newest Direct HD DVR Plus and or does anyone know what one would cost ordered from Direct TV?

Also is the extra features worth the cost difference vs. the other HD DVR?

I am looking to upgrade from my H-20 and then sell it.

Which HD DVR are you talking about ?

HR20-700
HR20-100
HR21-

Remember the HR21 does NOT have OTA capabilities ...

BTW, how do you plan to sell a D* receiver that does not belong to you ?

All D* rec's now are LEASED

Jimbo

Currently the advertised price of both the original HR20 and new HR21 is $299. Discounts are often available depending on the status of your account, your history with Directv and which side of bed the CSR got out of that day. The HR21 doesn't have any features which the HR20 doesn't have and lacks an OTA tuner. HR20s are harder to find than HR21s but they are still out there. There have been recent rumors that the price will drop in 2008.

I was given a deal for $199 because I have been a customer since 1998, but I think if you have a good chance to get the same deal if you are really nice..

I bought mine!

Which HD DVR are you talking about ?

HR20-700
HR20-100
HR21-

Remember the HR21 does NOT have OTA capabilities ...

BTW, how do you plan to sell a D* receiver that does not belong to you ?

All D* rec's now are LEASED

Jimbo

I bought mine from an idependent company 2 years ago it is not leased

I bought mine from an idependent company 2 years ago it is not leased

Back in the beginning you could do that.
Personally I'm glad I did not buy one, I had originally considered it... How do they deal with it if you need a replacement, do you need to pay or do they just send you one ?
What did you end up paying for it ?

If you don't mind me asking or you can PM me if you want, I'm just curious as I was at one time looking to do that too.

Jimbo

They didn't have HR20s 2 years ago. It is leased unless you paid full price for it which is $700 plus.

He probably meant a year ago, I would imagine.
I had looked into purchasing one back in the day, they were quoted $750 I think I remember.
I'm glad I rented with all the kinks that had to be worked out,I would not have been happy had I paid for it and found those issues.
To D* credit, they have come a long way to stabilizing this unit and have worked diligently with those to make improvements all along.

Jimbo

By the way, my H20-600 was taken back by the DirectTv techs because they said my receiver was leased, but I had bought it last November...when did the receiver become a lease?

By the way, my H20-600 was taken back by the DirectTv techs because they said my receiver was leased, but I had bought it last November...when did the receiver become a lease?

IF you bought it, then you need to make sure D* has it listed this way.
They should NOT take back a rec. that you actually bought.

I have 2 H10's that I own, anyone interested in them ?
That is a perfect reason to Lease !

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)