Can't order at DirecTV.com?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I wanted to price out a new system, and it seems you cannot order new service from DirecTV.com. Maybe I'm missing something, but EVERYTHING on the site seems to be geared towards current customers. No "Sign up now!" button or links. I went to find a retailer and clicked on "Shop DirecTV.com" and it took me to a logon page, where if you attempt to sign up it wants an account number (current customers).

Is there an online retailer that will let you spec out a system and give you a cost, including installation? Dish does (or did) have this on their site. Seems pretty stupid that DirecTV is making it so hard for people who want to give them money.

Any chance the same computer may have been used recently by someone who is a D* customer? I found that when you register/log in to their site, it sets a cookie that hides the ordering options. Try deleting all cookies and see if that helps.

I wanted to price out a new system, and it seems you cannot order new service from DirecTV.com. Maybe I'm missing something, but EVERYTHING on the site seems to be geared towards current customers. No "Sign up now!" button or links. I went to find a retailer and clicked on "Shop DirecTV.com" and it took me to a logon page, where if you attempt to sign up it wants an account number (current customers).

Is there an online retailer that will let you spec out a system and give you a cost, including installation? Dish does (or did) have this on their site. Seems pretty stupid that DirecTV is making it so hard for people who want to give them money.

Sure, there are numerous site sponsors that you can set up a system at.

Check with the Gold Sponsors for Directv on the site at the top of the page.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)