Status
Please reply by conversation.

z71tahoe193

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 10, 2004
Lubbock, TX
I am from the Voom forum and plan on switching over to Direct Tv very soon, due to all the crap going on with that screwed up company. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places to get a Tivo HD-Dvr for a good price, and not one from Ebay.
Thanks,
Z

value electronics, i have heard very good things and they had the hd tivo for 799 a few weeks ago, dont know if that price is still good or not though. be sure to tell them you are a sat guys member

Thanks, a great deal. Still gonna sit on this one for a little bit because of all the Voom stuff. Hopefully this deal will still be here for a little bit, because i am craving a dvr, just worried about the mpeg-4 stuff with directv.

Robert, I have been very tempted by both the $799 and now the $849 deal for the hdtivo, however, I have been waiting for the new D* branded HD DVR (non-Tivo) to be anounced as it should have the MPEG 4 processor. I think it was refered to as the media center...? What have you heard on this product? Any date anounced yet?

I'm not robert, but I know the DirecTV Home Media Center is currently scheduled for 2006. I doubt you'll hear anything between now and CES next year.

Is this a fact?

Robert,

Is this a fact? Or just your thoughts? Everyone that I talk to at Directv says they do not know what will happen with the upgrade. While I think you do have some insight I would be rather upset if I bought one and it did not happen. Will you stand by your comment? Meaning you will replace it if Directv will not for free or a small shipping charge.

Goldengun

Goldengun, my information comes from very reliable, high management at DIRECTV, who is still employed at DIRECTV. I can only offer a guaranty that what I say is 100% truthful and comes from very reliable sources. Also, DIRECTV did make a public statement committing to equipment replacements.

I would not and could not guaranty what DIRECTV will do. I would take bets with very favorable odds that what I say comes true. I fully expect all MPEG-2 equipment to be replaced at no or very little charge to any customer, assuming you agree to a additional year of service.

If anyone wants to take me up on the bet, we'll let Scott hold the money and set up a thread for record keeping and comments.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)