HD-DVR Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MSchneider84

Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
After playing every show that I record, I always get an instance when it starts to skip and the audio slips in and out. It's very annoying. Does this sound like I need a new HD-DVR? Hopefully thats not this case because I just had DirecTV installed 2 weeks ago and the HD-DVR is brand new.

After playing every show that I record, I always get an instance when it starts to skip and the audio slips in and out. It's very annoying. Does this sound like I need a new HD-DVR? Hopefully thats not this case because I just had DirecTV installed 2 weeks ago and the HD-DVR is brand new.

You didn't say what model you have, but I would try doing a reset and see if that fixes your problem.
It takes about 5-7 minutes to reboot and resets everything, much like you computer would.

Menu > Set Up > System Set up > Reset > Restart Rec. > Dash >and wait for it to reboot.

Jimbo

So you are watching live tv when it happens if so try to pause it for 1 second and then play. I have had audio dropouts on one of my HR20's when watching a show and catching up to the live feed. I ust pause it for a sec and hit play and it is fine from there.

So you are watching live tv when it happens if so try to pause it for 1 second and then play. I have had audio dropouts on one of my HR20's when watching a show and catching up to the live feed. I ust pause it for a sec and hit play and it is fine from there.

This is an old problem that appearently popped back up, the work around will work fine, but they still need to correct it.
I would expect it to be fixed in the next release.

Thank goodness it's not only me that's getting this. Yup, definitely needs to be fixed.

It was actually occurring during recorded shows. I hit the reset button and I think that may have solved the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)