HD DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Malarchuk

Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
With two tuners on the HR22 is there any way to swap between tuners with the push of a button on the remote? I cannot seem to find a way. We switched from Comcast and on their remote was a "swap" button that allowed us to switch from one tuner to the other. If not, what is the easiest way to switch between the programs on each tuner?

With two tuners on the HR22 is there any way to swap between tuners with the push of a button on the remote? I cannot seem to find a way. We switched from Comcast and on their remote was a "swap" button that allowed us to switch from one tuner to the other. If not, what is the easiest way to switch between the programs on each tuner?

If you don't mind me asking :) why do you want to switch between tuners? are you talking about dual live buffers?

Unfortunately we don't have that feature, I wish we did, but that would require dual live buffers. There is a work around, you have to record one of the programs, and then you can flip back and forth.

D*, I want DLB!

I guess dual live buffers is what I was talking about. Too bad we do not have them. I have done the recording thing, but was hoping I missed something. Thanks for the replies.

I guess dual live buffers is what I was talking about. Too bad we do not have them. I have done the recording thing, but was hoping I missed something. Thanks for the replies.

hopefully we'll have them in the coming directivo ;)

I don't know about Charter, but Comcast definitely had them on their Motorola DVR. For us it is a feature we miss.

I am very disappointed with the HR22. I just switched from Dish Network to Direct TV mainly because Dish dropped GolTV but I am horrified by this HD DVR. With Dish I could even watch two programs in PIP and swap between them. The Dish HD DVR also was more intuitive and easier to schedule and prioritize recording events. And a big one is also the themes option on the Dish box where I can see all sports being shown in about 3 seconds. I could even attach a USB storage device for extra storage. When is Direct TV coming out with a new model?

I am very disappointed with the HR22. I just switched from Dish Network to Direct TV mainly because Dish dropped GolTV but I am horrified by this HD DVR. With Dish I could even watch two programs in PIP and swap between them. The Dish HD DVR also was more intuitive and easier to schedule and prioritize recording events. And a big one is also the themes option on the Dish box where I can see all sports being shown in about 3 seconds. I could even attach a USB storage device for extra storage. When is Direct TV coming out with a new model?
by the end of this year we should have the new DirecTivo available as another option :)

I thought I would miss DLB, but I really haven't.
I won't say I don't miss it - because I do. But I've learned to live without it - although it required changing my viewing habits to do so. I used to constantly pause one channel, then flip around on the other tuner. (although, my wife is probably happy, because I'm not flipping around as often :) )

by the end of this year we should have the new DirecTivo available as another option :)

Hey rey, do you have a site that I can read more about that?

Coming from Tivo to Directv, I really miss having a Recently Deleted folder and being able to transfer my recorded shows from receiver to receiver... any idea if these things are coming to HD DVR's?

Easy partner... With any thing new, there is an adjustment period. I used to be with Dish Network too and when I switched to DirecTV, I was a little uneasy about all the differences. But now that I'm settled, the HR20 is really a fine machine and once I got to know it, I don't miss Dish at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts