HD DVR, Record to my DVR recorder.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ameeradawn

Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Idaho
:confused:, Would like to know if it is possable to record my favorite's to my DVR that I have? We RV and I would like to take my movies and show's with me. I have tried to hook it up to the HD Dvr. and no luck now im comfused at which way would be best. I read on your fourm last night that you could record a program that you had copyed to your HD DVR and then copy it to a disk?? Is this possable??
All help appreciated. Thank you

You should be able to record to a dvd recorder by playing in on the dvr and recording on the recorder. You should be able to get a good quality dvd by using the s-video. It is the HD outputs which will not let you record. You cannot transfer the files and play back or burn a dvd as Dish encodes their recordings.

HDMI

You should be able to record to a dvd recorder by playing in on the dvr and recording on the recorder. You should be able to get a good quality dvd by using the s-video. It is the HD outputs which will not let you record. You cannot transfer the files and play back or burn a dvd as Dish encodes their recordings.

You can record from component HD output. There is also one pc card that will record from the HDMI but it is several hundred dollars.

Im still not able to record thats 70s which is not in hd or an hd movie off of my hd dvr.
with s video cable I get the message all the time copying of this material not allowed??
To my dvr disk copyer. It is a 6 year old panaconic disk copyer player.
do i need to have scription to the hd activated to do this ??? thanks

I think some points are being missed.
The Dish DVR can only record the digital transport stream from the dish. It cannot record any video stream because it does not have ADCs (digital-to-analog converters) need to convert analog into digital to be stored. ADCs are found is some Tivos but generally only for SD, IIRC.

Most DVDs and DVRs do not accept HDMI or Component inputs and only S-Video, Composite, or RF for DVDs. There were a few DVD models that could record Component but they are hard to find and were more expensive. (I've only seen one scratch-and-dent one at BB maybe 2 years ago.) Generally the bandwidth recordable would not be enough for true (720p or 1024i) HD and would not be much better than S-video--only say 720x480i.

I don't know if there were any reasonable HD-DVRs that could record but that option is basically gone. Blu-ray would be good but the cost of one-time recordable disks is unreasonable (much more than HDDs) let alone re-recordable ones, yet.

My worry is having useful HDD after cutting back on Dish services for the cost.

-Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)