"HD DVR Service"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
There is an item on my bill for "HD DVR Service" for $9.95.

It says SERVICE. So is it really only for service, or is it a box rental charge, or is it box rental plus a service fee?

So it is not a 'service' even though labeled as such on the bill. Well,at least I think of service as being the providing of access to channels, time of a person doing something, etc, Hardware rental cost is not 'service.'

You have a hardware rental cost of 6.95/month for the hardware rental of any box on your account including basic digital box, SD DVR box and HD DVR boxes.

You also must pay a DVR service fee "per box" for all DVR boxes on your account that is in addition to the above listed hardware rental costs.

SD DVR service fee is 7 bucks a month I believe.

HD DVR service fee is 10 bucks a month.

So if you have two HD DVR boxes on your account you would pay the following below.

6.95 x 2 = 13.90 --- Hardware rental costs.

9.95 x 2 = 19.90 ---- HD DVR Service fees.

33.80 = Total charges for two HD DVR boxes not including taxes and fees.

Also some bundled packages come with one box free (just hardware rental only at 6.95/month) so your bill might appear to be one hardware rental short which could be confusing when trying to figure out what are the normal charges.

Edit to add...DVR Service fee is the fee to provide you with the DVR features that go above and beyond a normal box. Simply put when you buy a box from Tivo you have the hardware cost (upfront cost instead of monthly hardware rental) and you also pay a per month charge for the Tivo service . So your DVR Service fee your talking about is the same thing as buying a Tivo and paying the Tivo service fee. Without the Tivo service fee your DVR features won't work. Without the DVR Service fee from BHN your DVR features will not work.

These fees make DVR boxes from BHN very costly once you get two or more DVR boxes on your account. I have three HD DVR boxes and am paying over 50 bucks a month in fees between rental charges and DVR Service fee charges.

"HD DVR Service"

is the service of having the ability to click something on your guide and it will record , and being able to record it every time, its a nice little convenience, the hard drive space, the ability to where you dont have to manually input all the info yourself the program does it for you .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)