HD DVR Setting

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I just got the Motorolla HD DVR with moxi from adelphia. I have changed the setting to wide mode, and to 1080i, but now when i view SD channels, they are stretched to the 16:9 ratio. I want to have black bars on and not stretched, like it used to work with the HD Reciever. In the manual, it say's if i want to view a SD channel in its original 4:3 ratio, that i need to change back to 480i, which is just rediculous. I do not want the signal to be 480i, it just looks like crap then.

I have the 6412 on two tvs and don't have a problems with it. There should be a setting for sd channels and one for hd channels. I get the SD channels on 480i at 4:3 and the HD on 1080i at 16:9. To get to the set-up, I believe that you turn off the receiver and then press menu.

ya i think you missed that i do not want to degrade the signal to 480i, which looks like the only way to get a SD channel in its original Aspect Ratio. Seems like a very poor design, since every other box i've ever had lets you choose to put bars on the side, or stretch it when in 1080i mode, but not this one. They figure everyone likes to watch it the way the designer does. Blah

oh btw, its the 9012 moxi

Djjsin i have the same box from adelphia and yea it doesn't have a mode to set in 4:3 standard but doesn't your tv have the option to change aspect ratio's?? Mine does and i thought most newer HD sets do also, i am very satisfied with the picture when i force it down to 4:3 standard...