HD-DVR Special Over!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maogdamian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
The HD-DVR offer at $299 with a $100 mail in rebate is over. The new price is set at $499 with the $100 rebate still available.

maogdamian said:
The HD-DVR offer at $299 with a $100 mail in rebate is over. The new price is set at $499 with the $100 rebate still available.

I cancelled mine because A: I had no land line for setup and B: D* would've roped me into a 2-year agreement!

I really don't see the problem with a 2 years commitment, Like there is something else better out than D*. I tried all the services E* Cable, Voom. Voom "had" a better picture. But no one else has plans to upgrade there service like D* in the next 2 years.

Oh well just my Nickels worth :rolleyes:

The 2 year agreement did not matter to me either but I can understand why people would rather not get stuck in a service.

I figure once the MPEG4 stuff comes out and we need to upgrade our boxes they are going to throw a 2 year on us anyway. So I jumped on the HD Tivo deal even knowing I will probably only get to use it a short while since I am in the LA market. I am also comfortable with the plans DirecTV has laid out to be able to get more HD over the next two years so I figured I was going to stick it out with them anyway.

CWS_kahuna said:
The 2 year agreement did not matter to me either but I can understand why people would rather not get stuck in a service.
Who's stuck? One, the fee is pro-rated and two, you can send them back the equipment and they waive the fee. So no one has to stay if they don't want to. I think people just like to bitch about the fee to have something to bitch about. :confused:

Ah, who's stuck? You want to pay $299 or $499 and then just send the equipment back to them? This would make sense if they refunded or prorated to give you something back.

Yup, even when a bank reposseses a car they deduct what the car sells for at auction. Direc is asking you to shell out 5 bills and hook you for an additional 3 hundo. Get out of the 3 hundo costs you 5 hundo.

Brilliant, there should be a law.

herdfan said:
Who's stuck? One, the fee is pro-rated and two, you can send them back the equipment and they waive the fee. So no one has to stay if they don't want to. I think people just like to bitch about the fee to have something to bitch about. :confused:

Hey HerdFan,

[NOT a smart re-mark] Really.... I didn't know that.

1. Does anyone know if you can "break" a/the contract if you buy from a B&M store? Especially if you've been a customer, in good standing) for a long time.

With all these new D* receivers coming out soon, it's an exciting time (especially with the one right around the corner). Personally waiting for AT LEAST the HMC (maybe the HD DVR).

2. Are any of the D* receivers coming out going to have 3 D* tuners?

Thanks!!! guys.

FlyingBoat said:
Ah, who's stuck? You want to pay $299 or $499 and then just send the equipment back to them? This would make sense if they refunded or prorated to give you something back.
I never said it was a good deal. I just pointed out the fact the commitment can be broken without paying the fee.

Tele-TV said:
1. Does anyone know if you can "break" a/the contract if you buy from a B&M store? Especially if you've been a customer, in good standing) for a long time.

2. Are any of the D* receivers coming out going to have 3 D* tuners?
The commitment you make at the B&M's is actually with D*. That is why you have to swipe a real credit card.

The vaporware HMC is rumored to have 4 tuners and be able to run 3 clients. You are also supposed to be able to hook 2 of them together for an 8 tuner DVR. I will believe it when I see it.

herdfan said:
The commitment you make at the B&M's is actually with D*. That is why you have to swipe a real credit card.

The vaporware HMC is rumored to have 4 tuners and be able to run 3 clients. You are also supposed to be able to hook 2 of them together for an 8 tuner DVR. I will believe it when I see it.

Thanks HerdFan. I BELIEVE the 4 tuners you mention for the HMC are, 2 for D*, and 2 for OTA (I'll have to GO BACK and start reading the HMC and other new D* Sat Receiver threads). Thanks again.

I think they should just charge lets say $1,500.00 for the hd-dvr and $500 for install. So charge me about $2000 and then they wont have to cover any cost and then that way they wont have to keep me under a commitment! Yeah, that sounds great!
I would much rather be charged full price with NO commitment!

Ill start a petition, whos with me?

P.S. That was sarcasm, some people need to get a grip!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)