HD DVR Tivo release date?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your crazy! take delivery of the unit and sell it on e-bay, you will be able to make money off this purchase, like around $50-100!!!!!

Rumor are interesting - I've seem some saying it won't ship until May. Hope not.

Limited production - all the TIVO guys were blasting E* for limited production when they introduced the 921 stating TIVO/D* will never do that. Guess that's not the case. Personally I understand why production on a new unit tends to be limited, so I'm not surprised. It takes time to get these productions up to speed. Also, most don't like to slam out a ton of units only to discover a problem that pre-production testing didn't see.

Can't wait for the reviews.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Small weekly shipments beginning the last week of March '04.

Current orders we book are scheduled to ship by the end of April '04.

Would you explain to an un-informed person, is there an additional cost that will go along with this receiver from DTV? Tivo cost? Dvr cost, monthly?

DaveO said:
Would you explain to an un-informed person, is there an additional cost that will go along with this receiver from DTV? Tivo cost? Dvr cost, monthly?

The only additional costs, over and above whatever programming costs you have, could be:

- $4.95 additional receiver charge if this is going to be added to your account and you're not discontinuing one.
- $4.95 Tivo fee, if you're not Total Choice Premier (the the fee is waived) or if you're not already paying the Tivo fee. DirecTV's Tivo fee is per account vs. Dish which is per eligable PVR receiver (unless you have AEP then it's waived).

yes, it is a Tivo, $4.99/month per account, unlike Dish and cable that charges per DVR. So you could 1 DirecTivo or 6 and you would still pay a flat rate fee of only $4.99/month. any DirecTivo fee is waived for a Total choice premier customer. if it is your second or third receiver then you pay $4.99/month, just as with any other satellite provider or digital cable. hope I could help!

I just checked, the fee is $4.99, not $4.95. but who really cares.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Small weekly shipments beginning the last week of March '04.

Current orders we book are scheduled to ship by the end of April '04.

So, did those small weekly shipments take place?

mini1 said:
yes, it is a Tivo, $4.99/month per account, unlike Dish and cable that charges per DVR. So you could 1 DirecTivo or 6 and you would still pay a flat rate fee of only $4.99/month. any DirecTivo fee is waived for a Total choice premier customer. if it is your second or third receiver then you pay $4.99/month, just as with any other satellite provider or digital cable. hope I could help!

Thanks, and thanks RAD. Just the info I need. Now all I need is the receiver. I will have only one hooked up.

markusian said:
So, did those small weekly shipments take place?

Apparently the shipments did occur. Those of us who made an initial downpayment with Value Electronics have had our credit cards charged for the remainder of the price of the unit plus whatever manner of shipping we selected. The first units are supposed to ship from a Little Rock, Arkansas warehouse sometime on 4/6. Those who selected overnight shipping should have their units sometime on Thursday, 4/7.

I never thought I would see the day . . .

The HD Tivos are shipping. The Dish HD DVR 921 is not really shipping. In Todays Retailer Chat for Dish they said they will startup again in 1-2 weeks.

So the HD Tivo beat the 921 to market. Wow

bobj2004 said:
The Dish HD DVR 921 is not really shipping. The HD Tivo beat the 921 to market. Wow

Thats funny. I've had my 921 since
12/30/03 :usa

EAGLES said:
Thats funny. I've had my 921 since
12/30/03 :usa

Yep, and I've had my 811 since early December, however,
it should prove interesting to see how long it takes to get a replacement receiver (both 921 and 811) which has the proper (fully functional) chip in it.

First is not necessarily best.

DaveO said:
Yep, and I've had my 811 since early December, however,
it should prove interesting to see how long it takes to get a replacement receiver (both 921 and 811) which has the proper (fully functional) chip in it.

First is not necessarily best.

Are you on the waiting list for a replacement 921? I had the blue line problem
(Hardware Related) and reported it to Dish a while back. I received my replacement on 03/30/04. From what I have been reading on DBSTALK all the people waiting for replacement 921's have been taken care of. The 921's are supposed to start shipping to the public again at the end of April. I was also posted on DBSTALK that all the 921's from the initial shipment did not have the hardware problem. Anyway, good luck. :usa

Shipping pushed back a few days

Here is the latest information. This was originally posted over on the tivocommunity forum....

Hello my very dear friends!

As of this moment it looks like shipping of this first allocation is imminent. We have received repeated assurances of firm availability of this precious initial inventory for shipment. Regrettably, and perhaps understandably for a brand new product, we've encountered a couple of slipped days but have now been assured that this inventory is now enroute to our distribution point and we have every expectation of getting a final update by late tomorrow. We thus are assured we will know the exact shipping date at that point. My present, real-time understanding is that our shipments will commence sometime between this Friday, April 9th and Wednesday April, 14th. Remember as you read this, NOBODY will be shipped before you and, in fact, no one will receive this product until several weeks after you.

Unfortunately, however, the first production is only 168 units, not the 200 we had originally been assured. Therefore, to be as fair as possible, we are only shipping one HR10-250 to everyone who ordered, hence, if you ordered two (or more) HD DVRs you will only receive one from this allocation. We will ship your 2nd or 3rd unit from our second allocation within the next two weeks. By shipping just one unit to each of the first 200 forum members we can deliver more members which seems fairest to us. Hope and expect you agree.

If all goes according to plan, my next correspondence will have your tracking number so you will know exactly when you are getting your unit. I'll make every effort to notify you a day in advance for those of you that may want to adjust your work schedules accordingly!

Many thanks again for your patience and your business. Best wishes to each of you and please accept our sincere best wishes during this holiday season. Most importantly, enjoy your DIRECTV HD DVR!

Warmest regards,

Robert Zohn

HD Tivo Release Date

It appears that the release date has been pushed back (again) to 4/12. The intial shipments from VE will occur from somewhere in NY. First shipment is expected to be app. 175 units. Nobody knows for sure when on 4/12 :no !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)