HD DVR upgrade offer

psychotrope

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Has anyone taken advantage of the current promotion for existing SD-only customers to upgrade to HD DVR?

$120 for the new equipment with $100 rebate making it only $20.
HD free for six months then $20 extra a month.

Was it worth it? How much extra did it end up costing you a month in the end?

I currently have AT250 with no HD.

I've had a 211 for just a few weeks short of a year and while the web site says that I can upgrade to an HD DVR lease, when I call a CSR they told me to call back in 20 or so days since I'm not eligible. Seems kind of strange that they wouldn't let me upgrade this close to a year since I leased the 211.

Upgrade

I just called in my upgrade yesterday. I don't know where you saw the $20 :eek: (after $100 rebate) upgrade, unless different parts of the country have different deals. I've been with Dish Network since the year they started up so that goes back around 10-12 years or more.
Prior to that I was with DirectTV since they started. I remember paying over $700 for my first DirectTV receiver/dish equipment package plus the monthly programing charges.
Anyways, I went online to the customer service web portal on Dish Network and was offered a HD-DVR for $49 (after a $100 rebate) and
a HD-Receiver only for Free (after another $100 rebate) so I paid $249 upfront and will get back $200. Then after 6 months of free HD programing they will charge $20 extra like you said.

HD upgrade

Just upgraded to HD two weeks ago. I was a German package SD customer only. I upgraded from (2) 311's to a 722 and a 622. The charge was $249 plus $199. ($448) They had to add a 129 Dish and exchange my DP34 for a DP44. As advertised I get $20 off each month for the first 6 months. I was promised the $200 rebate for the 2 DVR's. We'll see how it goes.
I was getting my HD reception by cable which I of course have dropped now. When I originally subscribed to the German package a few years back Dish did not offer locals in HD so I kept my cable.
My HD PQ was excellent with cable, therefore I was somewhat apprehensive switching to DISH. Especially, after reading some of the negative PQ comments voiced by some here on the forum. I must say on the whole I am quite pleased with DISH PQ. Comparing it channel by channel with cable the HD PQ is every bit as good. If the broadcast source is good the 622 and 722 both deliver great PQ. Both HD tuners are connected via their respective optical audio outputs to Home Theatre systems. No out of synch audio so far. I run 2 HD sets off tuner no. 1 of the 722. Altogether 5 tv's off of the 2 DVR's. Everything is working great , no complaints so far...

Dish HD 722 with America's 200
$100 mail-in rebate credit for 722 upgrade.
Free HD programming for 6 months @ $20/month credit.

My final cost after rebates expire ~ $74/month including DVR Advantage and monthly DVR lease fee.
To stinkin much for TV, but I'm hooked.

For the America's 250 it looks like $10/month more.

Thanks for the info. So it sounds like if that deal is for real, that's a really great price to get the 622 for, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts