HD-DVR Upgrade Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tholt

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I'm a relatively new subscriber to DirecTV, having just come on board in August of 2007. At that time, I got an H20-100 HD Receiver, but didn't think I'd want a DVR receiver. Well, now I've seen the error of my ways, and would like to upgrade my HD Receiver to an HD-DVR Receiver. Here are my questions:

--I'm approximately 5 months into my standard commitment to DirecTV, can I upgrade at this time?

--Assuming yes, what kind of costs am I looking at? I know that there has been some recent talk about DirecTV lowering the up-front fees on their HD-DVR, is that something I could be eligible for? I've also heard about some current customers getting the HD-DVR upgrade for free by just getting to the right Customer Retention CSR....is that something that I could be eligible for?

--Currently, I have just one line coming off the satellite into my receiver, I'm thinking I will need a second line run in, is that correct?

--The DirecTV web site says that a land phone line is required....well I do not have a land line....is this an issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

I'm a relatively new subscriber to DirecTV, having just come on board in August of 2007. At that time, I got an H20-100 HD Receiver, but didn't think I'd want a DVR receiver. Well, now I've seen the error of my ways, and would like to upgrade my HD Receiver to an HD-DVR Receiver. Here are my questions:

--I'm approximately 5 months into my standard commitment to DirecTV, can I upgrade at this time?

--Assuming yes, what kind of costs am I looking at? I know that there has been some recent talk about DirecTV lowering the up-front fees on their HD-DVR, is that something I could be eligible for? I've also heard about some current customers getting the HD-DVR upgrade for free by just getting to the right Customer Retention CSR....is that something that I could be eligible for?

--Currently, I have just one line coming off the satellite into my receiver, I'm thinking I will need a second line run in, is that correct?

--The DirecTV web site says that a land phone line is required....well I do not have a land line....is this an issue?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Tony,
:welcome to the site !!!

I would suggest calling D* and see what they have to offer, sometimes you can get more rec's right away other times not, not sure why that is.
Normally they like you to wait 6 months, I think that is when they can offer you addl. discounts.

Yes, the price of the HD DVR's came down earlier in the month.

Don't ever count on getting advanced equipment for free .... some may, most don't, it could have something to do with your current standing with them, service, payment history ....

The going rate is now $ 199, with possible addl. discounts as well.

Customer Retention is for those that are thinking about leaving, you just signed up ....

You would need 2 lines run to the rec. in order for it to work to it's capabilities, you can do it, or they can.

You no longer need a phone line connected, they would like you to, but it's not a requirement.

I have mine connected (1) so I can use the Caller Id funtion.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Thanks for the information! I kind of figured that I wouldn't be able to swing something for free, but, hey, never hurts to try ;).

Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)