HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
IS the 23-100 any faster than the 22-100. The 22-100 is real slow on every thing .

It's like a trick question; I find that the software/firmware updates effect the graphical interface more than anything else including higher model numbers (which you would assume contain better parts). I've had receivers that were smoking fast then a software update happens overnight & you are back to turtle speed. About the only thing I can say that always speeds up the GI is changing the scrolling effects to off: Setup>Setup>Display>Preferences> & selecting Scrolling effects to off. I've gown used to the receivers & like the layout but speed appears to not be high on DTV's list of "To Do's".

edit: Would gladly pay a $100 premium for a unit that guaranteed fast GI; some of us are just channel changing freaks.

Still slow

Thanks for the help but still slow.You know when slow when you try to watch a basketball game and you miss 10 points.:rant:

I have a HR22 and a HR23 and they both are very slow. You change the channel and it's a few second delay before it changes. Seems like it's worse than it was when I got them a couple months ago.

I have an HR22 and it is frustratingly slow also has gotten worse over the past 6 months - thought for a while it was a switch on my dish but now I don't think so...can I do anything about it?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)