HD-DVRs are soooo slow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vcize

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I have 3 HD DVRs in my house. Two HR23's and one HR21.

Using them feels like using a computer running Windows ME on hardware from 1992. They're so laggy it's unbearable. Navigating through the menus takes forever, as does changing channels. And of course there's my favorite, when it's so slow recognizing the numbers being pressed on the remote that it actually changes the channel before it registers the third button press (pressing 2-0-6 often lands me on channel 20 with a new channel change started for channel 6, rather than being on channel 206).

I was hoping that the newer HD DVRs were faster and DirecTv could do something for me, so I called in. They said they shouldn't be slow and the hardware in the new ones is the same and wouldn't be any faster. They of course suggested a reset (unplug for 30+ seconds), which of course did nothing.

Are the new HD DVRs any snappier? Am I the only that this drives nuts? I have a few non-DVR HD Receivers that aren't nearly as laggy.

Well, my HR24 is not that fast. It seems to be better right now, but I did some things suggested in another thread about changing the settings on the directory and that seems to have sped everything up.

I have 3 HD DVRs in my house. Two HR23's and one HR21.

Using them feels like using a computer running Windows ME on hardware from 1992. They're so laggy it's unbearable. Navigating through the menus takes forever, as does changing channels. And of course there's my favorite, when it's so slow recognizing the numbers being pressed on the remote that it actually changes the channel before it registers the third button press (pressing 2-0-6 often lands me on channel 20 with a new channel change started for channel 6, rather than being on channel 206).

I was hoping that the newer HD DVRs were faster and DirecTv could do something for me, so I called in. They said they shouldn't be slow and the hardware in the new ones is the same and wouldn't be any faster. They of course suggested a reset (unplug for 30+ seconds), which of course did nothing.

Are the new HD DVRs any snappier? Am I the only that this drives nuts? I have a few non-DVR HD Receivers that aren't nearly as laggy.

The HR24's are MUCH faster than the models you have and they told you wrong, the HR24's work on an entirely different set up than what the HR21-23's do.

Oh wow.............I agree.

I went from two HR-21's to two HR-24's and all I can say is the difference is unbelievable!

I suffered through those HR-21's for three years until I got used to it and didn't notice it. One of my 21's went bad so they sent someone out instead of sending a new receiver which I thought was ODD.......He replaced that one with a new HR 24 and I was able to upgrade to a second one for free. Luckily, the 21 is in a room that is not used often and since we have whole home, we can use the tuners on that for having more recording space.

The HR24 and HR34 are much faster than those other receivers mentioned above :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)