HD Essentials - Includes ScienceHD or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uhf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Iowa
The Dish website indicates that if I have the Dish HD Essentials package with AT250 I will receive ScienceHD and NatGeoHD, but I do not. Dish Network says those channels are only in the $20 HD Package.

I've contacted the executive resolution department several times and they are not budging on this, they insist that that Science, Nat Geo, Tennis, etc are not included in the Essential package.

Anyone else with AT250 seeing these channels?

The Dish website indicates that if I have the Dish HD Essentials package with AT250 I will receive ScienceHD and NatGeoHD, but I do not. Dish Network says those channels are only in the $20 HD Package.

I've contacted the executive resolution department several times and they are not budging on this, they insist that that Science, Nat Geo, Tennis, etc are not included in the Essential package.

Anyone else with AT250 seeing these channels?

Send an email to the ceo address and let them know. I currently have AT250 + HD Essentials and I do get the channels that you mentioned.

If you were to believe the Dish Network Web site the AT250 + DishHD Essentials includes:

Tennis Channel
Bio.HD
Hallmark HD
Golf Channel HD
VS HD
Science HD
Nation Geographic HD

Direct them to there own web page.

Send an email to the ceo address and let them know. I currently have AT250 + HD Essentials and I do get the channels that you mentioned.

Done that. It was someone from the ceo address that told me the channels aren't included. The same person there had helped me before with a problem and was great about it, so I thought for sure she would get it fixed for me. No such luck. So far :mad:

Done that. It was someone from the ceo address that told me the channels aren't included. The same person there had helped me before with a problem and was great about it, so I thought for sure she would get it fixed for me. No such luck. So far :mad:

Direct them to their publicly viewable web page, and ask them to take care of it. If not, tell them you'll be contacting your state's AG and the FTC regarding false advertising.

Send them this picture from their website. It clearly shows AT250 + HD Essential includes those channels you want.

Attachments

• Dish Essential and AT250.jpg
    Dish Essential and AT250.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 193
When I upgraded to AT250, these two HD channels were missing.....after about an hour on the phone with 3 different people, they were finally added.

There was a previous post warning against downgrading, because the poster lost channels. After many calls and emails a CSR discovered that the poster was not only downgraded from HD Ultimate to HD Essential, but also downgraded from AT250 to AT200. Ask the CSR to confirm your base package.

The last time I checked, E* offers zero (0) HD channels in their DishHD-Lite programming packages. I would highly recommend OTA, DirecTV, FiOS or Cable if you're looking for HD content.

What are you talking about?
I downgraded to HD Essential and I have AT 250 and I have ALL the HD channels that are listed on the web site.

What are you talking about?
I downgraded to HD Essential and I have AT 250 and I have ALL the HD channels that are listed on the web site.

He is referring to the widespread Pop Science myth that "HD" is defined by resolution.

Of course, that ignores the fact that programming he and his fellow pseudo-technologists call "stunning HD" was recorded for Discovery HD Theater on 1440x1080 cameras:
HDCAM, introduced in 1997, is an HD version of Digital Betacam, using an 8-bit DCT compressed 3:1:1 recording, in 1080i-compatible downsampled resolution of 1440×1080, and adding 24p and 23.976 PsF modes to later models. The HDCAM codec uses non-square pixels and as such the recorded 1440×1080 content is upsampled to 1920×1080 on playback. The recorded video bitrate is 144 Mbit/s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)